Has anybody experienced or heard of Google music pausing itself randomly? It happens two or three times a song, then works fine for two songs....completely random. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-01-2015 09:15 AM
    Has anybody experienced or heard of Google music pausing itself randomly? It happens two or three times a song, then works fine for two songs....completely random. Any ideas?

which carrier? both on Cellular and WIFI? streaming or local? test both. also test - in settings set "cache during playback" and change stream to lower quality.

good luck.
    08-01-2015 10:20 AM
    which carrier? both on Cellular and WIFI? streaming or local? test both. also test - in settings set "cache during playback" and change stream to lower quality.

good luck.
    I'm on Verizon. I downloaded a playlist to use in offline situations, and that pauses too, although not nearly as bad; maybe one every couple of songs. As for cell and WiFi, it does it regularly on both. As for the cache during playback, I already had that selected.

08-04-2015 07:00 PM
    that's a problem with the app itself. it does that on my tab s, google nexus 4, nexus 7, and note 4. it's a buggy app's all it is. i recommend spotify for performance, smoothness, and reliability.
    08-05-2015 01:57 AM
    Very odd. I'm an avid All Access subscriber and have no problem playing music skip free on wifi or using downloaded playlists. About the only time I have issues is when attempting to play a song that I have never played while on mobile data with poor signal strength, or via bluetooth with a subpar bluetooth receiver. Otherwise, playback via headphones or bluetooth to my car is flawless. My family and I use the app on a Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012), Note Pro 12.2, Note 4, iPad Air, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.

I would try force stopping the application, clearing data for it, then rebooting immediately from the app management screen after clear data is complete. Then fire up the app after reboot, download a playlist while on wifi, and test playback while in airplane mode. If that doesn't work then I'd repeat but after clearing data I'd uninstall the application, reboot and reinstall it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    08-05-2015 11:51 AM