So in the last few days this is a new one for me. Several times now I've gotten a notification that no SIM card installed, please insert sim to use mobile data network. Once while phone was asleep and just again now while I was using it.

Restarting phone fixes it.

I haven't had the back cover all for quite a while (months). Though thinking about taking it off and making sure the sim card is fully seated.

I'll screenshot it next time it happens.

Anybody else seen this one?
    wyelkins likes this.
    08-01-2015 09:15 AM
    Yup. Every now and then. Funny thing is, it continues to receive data. I just restart, like you said.

Posted via the Android Central App
    wyelkins likes this.
    08-01-2015 09:18 AM
    I've been having the same problem with my Note 4 (Sprint). My phone would receive the message "No SIM Card Detected" and I would lose LTE connection but would retain 3G. I've been battling the issue for months with no resolution -- and two days ago the problem occurred ten times in a 24 hour period.

Yesterday I went to a Sprint corporate store (NYC -- 138 W. 34th Street) and they solved my problem by replacing the SIM. The problem appears to be solved as I have received no "No SIM" messages over the past 24 hours. So pleased, especially after so many attempts to resolve were greeted with "it's a conflict with one of your apps."

Additionally, I deleted Textra from my phone and I have stopped receiving the phantom "gibberish" texts. Makes me sad, as I like Textra -- but those gibberish messages were such a nuisance!
    08-11-2015 10:24 AM
    I don't think the gibberish texts are from Textra. I don't have that app and I do get those text messages right after I restart the phone to get rid of the NO SIM message. So you may want to try Textra again now that your SIM issue is fixed.
    drneher14 likes this.
    08-11-2015 04:16 PM
    I have a new Sprint Galaxy Note5 and I have gotten the message "No SIM card detected" once. More often and usually the message "SIM Card Removed" "Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM card." After the restart all is fine for awhile.

This started the third day I had the phone and did it about four times that day. The next day once. Then stopped for a few days. Over a ten day period it has happened three or four times. Only once did it do it multiple times in the same day. The other times it was just once.

I've not installed new apps on it yet. Only moved over my contacts. Usually the phone is just sitting on a table and I'll glance to check it and find the above msg.

Any help or suggestions?
    11-05-2015 02:22 AM
    Exactly same issue, how/did you get it sorted?
    07-27-2016 07:39 PM
    I had the same problem with mine (Verizon). I pulled the SIM out and put it back in and have not had issue since. This was about 3 months ago.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2016 09:02 PM
    I get the same thing every so often on my Boost Mobile (Sprint) LG G3. Usually when I take it off the charger. Only a few times. The phone makes calls. I think only LTE is affected. I reboot fixes it.
    07-28-2016 05:34 PM