ATT Note 4 random restarts since July 23rd update

Maisoumenos

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Today it got even worse! Before it would only happen randomly throughout the day but now it is stuck in a never ending loop of restarts and I can't use my phone at all. I've noticed though that the phone works fine in ultra power saving mode and also when it's plugged into the charger (in regular mode). So I'm just wondering if it is indeed the update that messed my phone up or is it most likely my battery needs to be replaced?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Today it got even worse! Before it would only happen randomly throughout the day but now it is stuck in a never ending loop of restarts and I can't use my phone at all. I've noticed though that the phone works fine in ultra power saving mode and also when it's plugged into the charger (in regular mode). So I'm just wondering if it is indeed the update that messed my phone up or is it most likely my battery needs to be replaced?
I had the same thing happen with my S4 after an update. I had to do a factory reset. I now just plan on doing a factory reset every time Android updates.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Maisoumenos

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The factory reset stopped the restarting? I've always seen people suggest doing a factory reset after an update but I've never encountered any problems after updating, until now. I honestly wanted to avoid doing a reset but it seems like I may have to. We're you able to save your text messages, pictures/videos, etc?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta