01-25-2016 06:48 PM
153 12345 ...
tools
    So after about an hour fiddling with 5.1.1 all the sudden I got a pop up saying the device needed to be restarted. And had a 25 second count down. Anybody else get that? I wasn't in an app or anything just my home screen

Posted via the Android Central App
    That's wasn't the device, it was Sprint...they suffered a massive outage yesterday (something to do with a similar Comcast outage) and then bad to reset the network in some spots...I was on the phone with cust service after the change as I noticed it updated my prl...against my wishes...

PookiePrancer likes this.
    08-04-2015 11:53 AM
    No raw support. Are you surprised? The note edge and note 4 customers are getting $hit on by samsung. All they are worried about is the new copy apple adventure.
    Gotta have some reason to upgrade to the Note 5/6.
    08-04-2015 11:54 AM
    No raw support. Are you surprised? The note edge and note 4 customers are getting $hit on by samsung. All they are worried about is the new copy apple adventure.

A feature that 90% of all cellphone users, could care less about and doesn't understand conceptually, wasn't included in an update...shocking...I'm just shocked. Silly Samsung hater...

08-04-2015 11:56 AM
    I got that same pop up twice.

08-04-2015 12:18 PM
    I have no reason to get a note 5. Most likely they got rid of the reason I've stayed with sammy
    08-04-2015 01:12 PM
    Any findings on battery life yet?

Mine seems to be just as before update. I'm a med. to lite user and a battery charge will last me two days.
    godzillinois likes this.
    08-04-2015 04:37 PM
    You must be doing something wrong then.
    Totally agree. I also do not get the camera lag I got on 5.0.1
    08-04-2015 04:41 PM
    So after about an hour fiddling with 5.1.1 all the sudden I got a pop up saying the device needed to be restarted. And had a 25 second count down. Anybody else get that? I wasn't in an app or anything just my home screen

Yes. Mine was sitting next to me and all of a sudden it did a restart on its own. Worried me at first then everything seemed ok. Today after an overnight charge phone seems as it was before update except for some new improvements mentioned in this blog.
    08-04-2015 04:44 PM
    I don't allow auto updates on my phone. So after OS update yesterday later that day I got notification on Notification bar that I had app updates available. Before when I tapped on the icon in the notification bar it would take me to the Store/My apps and I could then select updates to allow. Now I tap on the icon and they just disappear and I have to go to the Store manually. Anyone else notice this. Not a big deal but I did like it.
    08-04-2015 04:51 PM
    Google play music while playing no longer displays album art on lockscreen and the controls on the lockscreen are smaller.

08-04-2015 07:43 PM
    I updated yesterday & now all of a sudden my phone drops calls constantly & every few seconds a pop-up displays the following message: "unfortunately, NetworkSystemProvider has stopped"... unreal!!!
    08-04-2015 09:08 PM
    Has anyone had any issues with the home button and turning on the phone? I unlock my phone using the finger print sensor and I have had to push the home button a few times to get it to unlock. It doesn't happen all the time but it is the only bug I have seen since updating to 5.1.1.
    08-04-2015 09:26 PM
    Google play music while playing no longer displays album art on lockscreen and the controls on the lockscreen are smaller.

Mine does.

08-04-2015 09:30 PM
    Tried the built in music app as well and does not show the album art either on the lockscreen. Don't see an option to turn it on or off.

08-04-2015 09:35 PM
    I updated yesterday & now all of a sudden my phone drops calls constantly & every few seconds a pop-up displays the following message: "unfortunately, NetworkSystemProvider has stopped"... unreal!!!
    Maybe this might be the problem for you.

All four major U.S. carriers experiencing outages in the Southeast | Android Central
    sinfoman likes this.
    08-04-2015 10:09 PM
    Yes, it happened to me twice right after the update when I touched it in the Recent list. The third time I tapped the "X" to close the window. It hasn't come back since... yet. I don't know what it was or why.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    08-05-2015 12:36 AM

I too am experiencing this.
    08-05-2015 11:03 AM
    That could be due to the cell outage (mostly) country wide yesterday evening. Is it still occurring today?
    08-05-2015 12:25 PM
    I too use the fingerprint sensor and haven't had any issues (so far). Maybe remove and reconfigure the scan?
    08-05-2015 12:34 PM
    It's been a couple of days now, any word on battery life?
    08-05-2015 01:38 PM
    Those who can't upgrade to 5.1.1 for now, disable the default SMS app and use Textra instead.

Stagefright protection and an app that is Play Store upgradeable. I imagine Google's SMS apps (Hangouts and the SMS-only app) will have protection soon, as well, but as far as I know it, they don't have built-in protection yet.

So even if you do this as a temporary fix, until your SMS app or the OS itself is updated, it's smart not to remain vulnerable to such a widely known and serious bug.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Textra nor gained any incentive to post this, in fact I am a paying PRO (ads-free) customer.
    08-05-2015 02:11 PM
    It's not really necessary, if you haven't updated yet...just go into your text app and deselect the option for MMS to automatically download.

08-05-2015 02:43 PM
    It's not really necessary, if you haven't updated yet...just go into your text app and deselect the option for MMS to automatically download.

Whew! I did this already, can't use Textra with my Gear 2 Neo. Wish I could. But seriously folks, how's the battery life? I'm a couple hours away from downgrading to Kit Kat while I still can
    sinfoman likes this.
    08-05-2015 04:16 PM
    Not bad, its about the same as with 5.0.1 for me honestly, that's not a bad thing...I average 5 hours of screen on time per cycle, I'm a heavy email user...so depending in my day...that can represent 18-23 hours on a single charge.

godzillinois likes this.
    08-05-2015 05:36 PM
    Mine does.

Mine doesn't

08-05-2015 07:52 PM
153 12345 ...