01-25-2016 05:48 PM
153 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Battery life looks to be AWESOME. I ran for almost 24 hours and lost about 15% battery. I just did a factory reset to clear up a mistake _I_ made. I'll repost once I can give you a more scientific response. But overall- looks AMAZING.
    godzillinois likes this.
    08-05-2015 10:50 PM
    Whew! I did this already, can't use Textra with my Gear 2 Neo. Wish I could. But seriously folks, how's the battery life? I'm a couple hours away from downgrading to Kit Kat while I still can
    Battery life looks to be AWESOME. I ran for almost 24 hours and lost about 15% battery. I just did a factory reset to clear up a mistake _I_ made. I'll repost once I can give you a more scientific response. But overall- looks AMAZING!
    08-05-2015 10:52 PM
    Everyone has their personal opinion, but after 24 hours, I have been very pleased! Everything seems to be a little snappier. A lot of the lag of things is gone. It really does feel like a "higher end" device now and also with this update, I feel comfortable staying with my Note 4 and not needing the 5. So far, a great update from Sprint. (I did a full reset after updating. I like to start fresh with major updates.)
    08-05-2015 11:33 PM
    I use my phone a lot and the lag has completely vanished, at least on my phone. Battery life seems the same, which I never had an issue before. Feels like when I had kit Kat with no issues at all compared to switching to the first update of lollipop. My camera lag has left too. Don't think I'll be switching to the Note 5...If anything, I'd switch to the s6 edge plus just for the curved screen edges.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2015 12:59 AM
    I've been so busy I didn't realize this update was coming, so I was surprised this morning when the update had downloaded overnight and was waiting for me. So far so good but I haven't played too much with it.

Trying to decide if I should factory reset since we've had a few updates since the N4 came out. I probably will... and probably will regret it.
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    08-06-2015 09:01 AM
    Guys I am rooted and any time I try to download the new 5.1 update, I get a message saying that my phone has been modified in an unauthorized fashion. I skipped the 5.0 update , still on 4.4 but I am really wanting this one after reading all the positive reviews and confirmations that the phone is now pretty much lag free. I tried Kies but to no avail. Any advice on how I can receive this update? I really don't care if I loose root. Thanks.
    08-06-2015 10:52 AM
    Guys I am rooted and any time I try to download the new 5.1 update, I get a message saying that my phone has been modified in an unauthorized fashion. I skipped the 5.0 update , still on 4.4 but I am really wanting this one after reading all the positive reviews and confirmations that the phone is now pretty much lag free. I tried Kies but to no avail. Any advice on how I can receive this update? I really don't care if I loose root. Thanks.
    Just wait until someone on XDA posts a rooted version, shouldn't be more than a day or so...I'm kinda surprised there isn't one already?

linzgeneral likes this.
    08-06-2015 11:20 AM
    i did a factory reset and even with the update the lag has vanished. Its made our note 4 a great device again. I'm not even excited about the Note 5. The note 5 is basically a Galaxy 6 with a stylus.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-06-2015 11:54 AM
    Man, I haven't experienced this 'lag' that everyone keeps talking about, maybe it's because I've been on Nova Launcher? I just have bad battery life, and my phone sometimes gets hot ever since I updated to 5.0 (like 159 - 179 degrees Fahrenheit.) Has anyone experienced these problems and have them fixed with the update?
    08-06-2015 12:30 PM
    I use Z Gallery to avoid the Gallery lag showing photos. Works great
    08-06-2015 02:46 PM
    I updated and all went off without a hitch. Not seeing much of a difference in lag or battery life. One app Photoshop Express that crashed over 50% of the time on 5.0.1 is now behaving itself though. I used this app on the S4 and S5 and when I switched to the Note 4 it was almost a deal breaker as I am a very heavy camera and Photshop user. All is well.

08-06-2015 04:28 PM
    I get 5 hrs screen on, with everything turned on, and two smartwatches connected to it.

godzillinois likes this.
    08-06-2015 10:48 PM
    My battery life has improved. I was getting a little over 4hrs of screen on time, after update I've been over 5 and half hours of screen on time.

godzillinois likes this.
    08-07-2015 08:08 AM
    I get 5 hrs screen on, with everything turned on, and two smartwatches connected to it.

Is that better or the same as before this latest update? I know I'm personally losing at least an hour of screen on time ever since I got a smartwatch
    08-07-2015 02:55 PM
    Is that better or the same as before this latest update? I know I'm personally losing at least an hour of screen on time ever since I got a smartwatch
    A little better. And standby time is way better.

08-07-2015 09:04 PM
    I went to bed at around 4:30am and my phone was on the charger in my office at the time. Charge at 100% when I went to bed so I left it off the charger on my nightstand. Checked phone around 10am with no use at all and it was at 74%. Not sure why, no open apps and nothing shows on battery usage.
    08-08-2015 12:23 PM
    My note 4 after 5.1, the screen is slow to come on and sometimes the screen cuts off while watching YouTube videos.

08-08-2015 05:40 PM
    Alright, I broke down and updated. Charged my phone to 100%, wiped my system cache and also updated my PRL and Profile. Hopefully those things will be as good as making a fresh factory reset. I will report back on my findings and battery life.

08-09-2015 01:13 AM
    A feature that 90% of all cellphone users, could care less about and doesn't understand conceptually, wasn't included in an update...shocking...I'm just shocked. Silly Samsung hater...

I have used the Note 4 and after half a year full of ****ty experience I have "upgraded" to HTC One M8. I have been alive again. After the pain with the fukkcing note. It's not lagging, even for a sec. The camera is awsome, yeah it's only 4 megapixels but it's as good as the one in the Note. But it has a manual settings and raw in the stock HTC camera. Something thath everyone haves - HTC, LG, SONY. But samsung not. And why?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    08-09-2015 03:14 AM
    I have used the Note 4 and after half a year full of ****ty experience I have "upgraded" to HTC One M8. I have been alive again. After the pain with the fukkcing note. It's not lagging, even for a sec. The camera is awsome, yeah it's only 4 megapixels but it's as good as the one in the Note. But it has a manual settings and raw in the stock HTC camera. Something thath everyone haves - HTC, LG, SONY. But samsung not. And why?

Ever notice how everyone who arbitrarily hates Samsung and posts stuff like this...its always a new profile with one post...

08-09-2015 08:26 AM
    my note 4 also has a slight delay when unlocking the lock screen.
    08-09-2015 09:17 AM
    Interesting, I had some.e lock screen weirdness this morning and noticed the all seeing eye at the tip of the notification tray. I dig into my settings and sure enough "smart stay" got enabled again somehow (possibly through the ota process..I've never turned that crap on)...disabled it and back to normal!

08-09-2015 09:45 AM
    my note 4 also has a slight delay when unlocking the lock screen.
    Yes mine has almost 2 full seconds between the threetime the home/power button is pressed and the screen coming on.
    08-09-2015 02:53 PM

M8 is what you switched to?

~Blessed From My Note 4~
    08-09-2015 05:41 PM
    I've never had the picture taking lag my camera is fast even on 1st shot and opening the gallery

08-09-2015 07:05 PM
153 ... 23456 ...