01-25-2016 06:48 PM
153 ... 4567
tools
    Do you use the hotspot feature on your note 4 with the lollipop update?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I do not. I just use it on my Sprint Tab. (I did do a full factory reset and wiping of cache, which any little things lingering appear to be gone and the phone is running very well.
    08-12-2015 10:23 AM
    It’s strange, at first I was seeing worse battery life than before the update – but my battery life has been slowly getting better. It’s really weird, it seems that for my last 3-4 charges every full battery has given me around 20 more minutes of Screen on time than the previous. Still not seeing KitKat-level battery life, but I’ll be really excited if this keeps up! Combined with the fact that I’m now “safe” from the Stagefright exploit, I’d say this update is a win so far!

Btw, anyone else have problems with the Facebook app randomly freezing after the update?

Edit: I did disable the Lookout app and uninstalled CM Security after Watchdog Lite alerted me to their cpu usage, so maybe that helped too.
    dmchance#AC likes this.
    08-13-2015 03:12 PM
    is it still good to hard reset after this update. I didnt do it on the patch update months ago.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2015 05:52 PM
    Battery life has been sketchy for me. Seems down I'm only getting around 3 hrs of screen time...then it's time to swap batteries.....I don't think we will see the battery life of kit kat again..by far the best batter life was on the last kit kat update. But hey they push **** updates so you buy the latest greatest phone.

08-15-2015 07:33 PM
    Works fine for me

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    08-17-2015 12:51 AM
    Battery life has been sketchy for me. Seems down I'm only getting around 3 hrs of screen time...then it's time to swap batteries.....I don't think we will see the battery life of kit kat again..by far the best batter life was on the last kit kat update. But hey they push **** updates so you buy the latest greatest phone.

How's your Battery Cycle? just out of curiosity?

Also, guys.. Did the RAM management got improved by any chance? The Android L memory leak caused me a lot of issues with my carrier 5.0.1 update.
    08-17-2015 05:54 AM
    Quick reply, I removed nova laucher and went back to stock TouchWiz and my phone runs a whole lot faster. I actually use 300 mbs of ram less now and I get much less lag.

To those that are having issues consider lighting the load and see what happens.

08-17-2015 08:22 AM
    Also consider deleting the Facebook app...had big problems with current version this weekend...the dreaded "Android System" bar overtaking my SoT until I removed the app entirely!

08-17-2015 10:40 AM
    Something was telling me to avoid this update for a while but, against my own judgement, I jumped on it a few days ago and it's been a nightmare ever since. My Note 4 won't connect to any wifi now, not at home, work, or public hotspots. It's also lagging like crazy. Just accessing the pulldown takes 5 seconds or so. I am so pissed! The note 4 is the first time I've splurged on a flagship phone and it's also the first time I've had issues with any update. I love the note 4 and this doesn't change that, but the phone manufacturers and service providers need to do far more extensive testing before releasing updates. As it is, they don't seem to be doing any testing at all. Mine is from Sprint and they are usually last to release updates, but this time they were first. Oh the irony. In any case, now I'm forced to do a backup/reset, which is a pain in the arse, since I have a ton of stuff to backup first. And it might not even resolve these issues.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-20-2015 02:27 AM
    Something was telling me to avoid this update for a while but, against my own judgement, I jumped on it a few days ago and it's been a nightmare ever since. My Note 4 won't connect to any wifi now, not at home, work, or public hotspots. It's also lagging like crazy. Just accessing the pulldown takes 5 seconds or so. I am so pissed! The note 4 is the first time I've splurged on a flagship phone and it's also the first time I've had issues with any update. I love the note 4 and this doesn't change that, but the phone manufacturers and service providers need to do far more extensive testing before releasing updates. As it is, they don't seem to be doing any testing at all. Mine is from Sprint and they are usually last to release updates, but this time they were first. Oh the irony. In any case, now I'm forced to do a backup/reset, which is a pain in the arse, since I have a ton of stuff to backup first. And it might not even resolve these issues.
    Not to sound trite, but have you wiped your system cache? Might want to try that first before a factory reset

08-20-2015 02:36 AM
    Not to sound trite, but have you wiped your system cache? Might want to try that first before a factory reset

That was the first thing I tried, didn't work. When I turn on my wifi, all I get is a blank white screen and no connection is established, although the wifi icon is shown.
    08-20-2015 02:45 AM
    That was the first thing I tried, didn't work. When I turn on my wifi, all I get is a blank white screen and no connection is established, although the wifi icon is shown.
    You do know with TW devices....you need to wipe it five or 6 times in a row sometimes. Good indicator that you got everything is that ******* spring installer will start whem your phone reboots (the one that installs the nascar,/NBA app?). Which is fine...because all of that crap can be uninstalled!

toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-20-2015 07:31 AM
    Yes mine has almost 2 full seconds between the threetime the home/power button is pressed and the screen coming on.
    I wonder if this is what is causing my issues with the fingerprint scanner not working. See thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...d-devices.html
    08-20-2015 12:27 PM
    My issue is actually not with the Scanner. It is more with the time/delay it takes from the Power button being pressed and the screen waking up. once it is up the FP Scanner works just fine. What I have also noticed, that if the delay I mentioned exceeds 3-4 seconds then once I am using the phone the screen freezes for a second and then I am taken back out to the lock screen, and need to use my FP again.

Who knows maybe it is related to the Trusted devices, I will give that a try. and I was also going to remove my SD card to see if it is corrupt and causing an issue, and lastly I was going to use Touchwiz instead of Nova launcher to see if that is the issue. Otherwise it is back to a 3rd Factory reset this week.
    08-20-2015 06:27 PM
    I decided to do a factory reset. It seems to be working OK so far...
    08-20-2015 08:28 PM
    I just received it for Sprint.

Simply put, its aweful.

Just opening the lock screen, I click power button, the display turns on 5 seconds later. Dont get me started on battery life. Used it for 10 minutes, a total of 3 times, and was down to 39%.

Then there is the home screen crashes. I can use an app, and just out of the blue, the entire desktop disappears, with only the background showing. Then it boots me back out to the lock screen. Surprised I got to finish this post.

Focused on optimization, my patootie. They optimized so much, they forgot compatability.

Going to try a cache wipe, but I'll be darned if I do another factory reset. You shouldnt HAVE to!

**EDIT**
    Wiping system cache seems to have fixed everything, except battery life.
    08-22-2015 12:23 AM
    Edited
    09-11-2015 04:53 PM
    So, my second post is coming . I have just using tapatalk with my Facebook profile. I don't hate Samsung. I'm just dissapointed from my experience with the note 4. Battery drains, laggy performance, random reboots, camera problems. And that on a brand new phone used as a daily driver. I have bought it December 2014 and dumped it in May for and iPhone 5s. Then I have bought a Nexus 5 and now the M8. And I haven't have a single issue with them. I just wanna know why the note was so crappy? And I see you have problems and laggy performance too, but it seems like you have accustomed to this performance on every Samsung device and just sat down and say nothing. I'm extremely dissapointed. It was my first Samsung and it was piece if ****. And it will be my last one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Sorry your experience with the Note 4 was bad. I came back to Android and Samsung for the Note 4 and have no regrets. It is simply the best phone I've ever had! Much better than the iPhone 4s I had before it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 05:33 PM
    Bottom line: there is no problem, inherently, with the note 4. Mine was an absolute dream before upgrading to 5.1.1. This update ruined my note 4 experience. Even after doing factory reset and clearing cache multiple times I am still having lock screen lag and other annoying issues. I've decided to use Odin to revert back to 5.0 in hopes of eliminating these annoyances. This is by far the worst Android version I've used and I've been on Android since 2.0. It just really pisses me off that I have to worry about the quality of updates now. Never had issues like this before. 5.1
    09-11-2015 07:01 PM
    Sorry this will seem like a double post - it's better posted here

I regularly have very good battery life and that continues, but there IS one problem since 5.1.1.. on a sprint Note 4.

Once I get down to about 12-15% I get an alert, battery is low, etc.. If I start to do something with the phone, open a browser or download an app, boom it just shuts down completely.

I can reboot the phone, but it shuts down again. When I plug in the power, it says it is at 0% battery so either the battery meter is totally wrong or the battery is damaged?

thoughts?
    I've reset the cache several times now, to no sucess
    11-04-2015 07:07 PM
    Hopefully this has already been solved, but if not, my recommendation is a cache clear and if that doesn't work a factory reset. Those temps are WAAAAY too high.
    12-28-2015 02:46 PM
    The latest update has seemed to fix my temperature issues, but my battery life is way worse than before. Now I barely get 2.5 hours of screen on time. The weird thing is for the first couple of days it actually improved my battery life slightly. I have wiped my cache multiple times
    01-02-2016 02:23 AM
    Sorry this will seem like a double post - it's better posted here

I regularly have very good battery life and that continues, but there IS one problem since 5.1.1.. on a sprint Note 4.

Once I get down to about 12-15% I get an alert, battery is low, etc.. If I start to do something with the phone, open a browser or download an app, boom it just shuts down completely.

I can reboot the phone, but it shuts down again. When I plug in the power, it says it is at 0% battery so either the battery meter is totally wrong or the battery is damaged?

thoughts?
    I've reset the cache several times now, to no sucess
    I'm seeing the same issue here. In addition I'm seeing that once this occurs and I begin to recharge the battery it charges from 0% to 20% in less than 5 minutes.

My guess is that it is a faulty meter in 5.1.1.Also on Sprint.

Anyone else see this?

01-02-2016 10:10 AM
    I've had the same issue.

01-04-2016 05:20 AM
    I've had the same issue.

Who is your carrier?

01-04-2016 10:07 AM
153 ... 4567