5.1.1 Sprint OTA for Note 4 (not edge)- "stuff" and Performance Observations

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Guys I am rooted and any time I try to download the new 5.1 update, I get a message saying that my phone has been modified in an unauthorized fashion. I skipped the 5.0 update , still on 4.4 but I am really wanting this one after reading all the positive reviews and confirmations that the phone is now pretty much lag free. I tried Kies but to no avail. Any advice on how I can receive this update? I really don't care if I loose root. Thanks.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Guys I am rooted and any time I try to download the new 5.1 update, I get a message saying that my phone has been modified in an unauthorized fashion. I skipped the 5.0 update , still on 4.4 but I am really wanting this one after reading all the positive reviews and confirmations that the phone is now pretty much lag free. I tried Kies but to no avail. Any advice on how I can receive this update? I really don't care if I loose root. Thanks.

Just wait until someone on XDA posts a rooted version, shouldn't be more than a day or so...I'm kinda surprised there isn't one already?

Posted via the Android Central App

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
i did a factory reset and even with the update the lag has vanished. Its made our note 4 a great device again. I'm not even excited about the Note 5. The note 5 is basically a Galaxy 6 with a stylus.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Man, I haven't experienced this 'lag' that everyone keeps talking about, maybe it's because I've been on Nova Launcher? I just have bad battery life, and my phone sometimes gets hot ever since I updated to 5.0 (like 159 - 179 degrees Fahrenheit.) Has anyone experienced these problems and have them fixed with the update?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I updated and all went off without a hitch. Not seeing much of a difference in lag or battery life. One app Photoshop Express that crashed over 50% of the time on 5.0.1 is now behaving itself though. I used this app on the S4 and S5 and when I switched to the Note 4 it was almost a deal breaker as I am a very heavy camera and Photshop user. All is well.

Last edited:

William Brown77

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has improved. I was getting a little over 4hrs of screen on time, after update I've been over 5 and half hours of screen on time.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I get 5 hrs screen on, with everything turned on, and two smartwatches connected to it.

Is that better or the same as before this latest update? I know I'm personally losing at least an hour of screen on time ever since I got a smartwatch

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I went to bed at around 4:30am and my phone was on the charger in my office at the time. Charge at 100% when I went to bed so I left it off the charger on my nightstand. Checked phone around 10am with no use at all and it was at 74%. Not sure why, no open apps and nothing shows on battery usage.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My note 4 after 5.1, the screen is slow to come on and sometimes the screen cuts off while watching YouTube videos.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I broke down and updated. Charged my phone to 100%, wiped my system cache and also updated my PRL and Profile. Hopefully those things will be as good as making a fresh factory reset. I will report back on my findings and battery life.

simomm99789

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
A feature that 90% of all cellphone users, could care less about and doesn't understand conceptually, wasn't included in an update...shocking...I'm just shocked. Silly Samsung hater...

I have used the Note 4 and after half a year full of ****ty experience I have "upgraded" to HTC One M8. I have been alive again. After the pain with the fukkcing note. It's not lagging, even for a sec. The camera is awsome, yeah it's only 4 megapixels but it's as good as the one in the Note. But it has a manual settings and raw in the stock HTC camera. Something thath everyone haves - HTC, LG, SONY. But samsung not. And why?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have used the Note 4 and after half a year full of ****ty experience I have "upgraded" to HTC One M8. I have been alive again. After the pain with the fukkcing note. It's not lagging, even for a sec. The camera is awsome, yeah it's only 4 megapixels but it's as good as the one in the Note. But it has a manual settings and raw in the stock HTC camera. Something thath everyone haves - HTC, LG, SONY. But samsung not. And why?

Ever notice how everyone who arbitrarily hates Samsung and posts stuff like this...its always a new profile with one post...

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I had some.e lock screen weirdness this morning and noticed the all seeing eye at the tip of the notification tray. I dig into my settings and sure enough "smart stay" got enabled again somehow (possibly through the ota process..I've never turned that crap on)...disabled it and back to normal!

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

M8 is what you switched to?

~Blessed From My Note 4~

Bonovox72

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I've never had the picture taking lag my camera is fast even on 1st shot and opening the gallery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca