prediction : how much would note 4 cost in 2020

of course second hand retail shop , no shop would sell first hand brand new note 4 in 2010

I guess it would cost equality to 2015 £80 in 2020 ( after inflation )
    08-03-2015 05:34 PM
    That's a good guess...but really, who knows. By 2020 we may not even be using mobile phones any longer and will be communicating telepathically...so current devices may be free as the networks used to accommodate them no longer exists in the year 2020...j/k.
    belodion likes this.
    08-03-2015 07:02 PM
    That's assuming that there are no developments in the near future that would render even the highest quality devices of today obsolete and unwanted.

Edit: posted same moment as srkmagnus above.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2015 07:05 PM
    Mostly the prices stay the same and second they're mostly unavailable at such times

Verstuurd vanaf mijn KK STOCK V3 met Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 09:31 PM
    Depends on the nostalgia value. If it's a Verizon model will cdma even be around then? If it's a Sprint model will Sprint even be around then?

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    08-04-2015 09:17 PM
    Depends on the nostalgia value. If it's a Verizon model will cdma even be around then? If it's a Sprint model will Sprint even be around then?

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    LTE will probably still be around, and the Note 4 is capable of VoLTE (Voice-over-LTE) which will probably be fully deployed in about 2 years and last about 4-5 years after that. So the phone should still be able to connect to most carriers, assuming the model you have can take advantage of the frequencies available to your carrier at that point. Similarly, WiFi isn't probably going to evolve beyond "N" in 5 years and there will probably still be a lot of "G" around. And I suspect most Bluetooth devices will at least be able to fall back to current tech.

The battery on the Note 4 can be replaced, so you don't have the planned obsolescence of a phone being unusable in three years or so.

So, really, it's all about the screen (which, being AMOLED, will burn in somewhat over 5 years depending on personal usage patterns), the processor (which will be dog slow in 5 years), and whether you want to still be running Android M (assuming the Note 4 gets that, which I assume it would) by then.
    08-05-2015 08:42 AM
    I doubt that they would be picked up if they were free by then.
    08-05-2015 05:13 PM
    I doubt that they would be picked up if they were free by then.
    Though Windows Mobile is no more, with it being resistive touch the Otterbox Defender is waterproof on my Omnia1(2009) so it still makes a great underwater camera
    There may just be a use for the s pen in 5 years for those wanting the throwback feel? I like how the s pen feels like using a pda from years gone by.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    08-06-2015 10:44 AM
    Less

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2015 11:01 AM
    If you look back at one of the top 10 lists of the best cell phones for 2010 you'll realize just how long ago 5 years was when it comes to tech and cell phones. Heck, the Note series only came out 4 years ago. My guess is no one will want a Note 4 in 5 years.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    08-06-2015 03:40 PM
    Though Windows Mobile is no more, with it being resistive touch the Otterbox Defender is waterproof on my Omnia1(2009) so it still makes a great underwater camera
    There may just be a use for the s pen in 5 years for those wanting the throwback feel? I like how the s pen feels like using a pda from years gone by.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <
    Beast Mode 4
    I agree. I owned an e740 Windows PDA, but eventually it just stopped working many years ago. As a graphic artist, I use a WACOM tablet with a stylus/mouse, I am fine with a stylus, however, we are a rare breed. Phones fall out of popularity as quickly as cars.

Composed using photons collected for use in the Galaxy Note 4.
    08-07-2015 03:16 AM