So, I ended up having to take my note 4 back to metro pcs for a number of issues it was having. They replaced it with a att note 4. It is running android 4.4.4. When I did a search for the update it says it is the latest update and I can try again in 24 hours. How can this possibly be the latest update???

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-04-2015 08:07 PM
    MetroPCS evidently doesn't have a Lollipop update yet.
    08-04-2015 10:48 PM
    MetroPCS evidently doesn't have a Lollipop update yet.
    I have an unlocked AT&T phone not a metro pcs phone. The t-mobile phone I had got the update when t-mobile released it.

08-05-2015 06:44 AM
    I think AT&T sends out the updates for AT&T-branded Samsung phones. Know of any friends with an AT&T phone? I bet if you jack in the AT&T SIM and try again, it'll work.
    08-05-2015 07:22 AM
    I think AT&T sends out the updates for AT&T-branded Samsung phones. Know of any friends with an AT&T phone? I bet if you jack in the AT&T SIM and try again, it'll work.
    I shouldn't have to do that though. When I had a t-mobile note 4 it updated when t-mobile update came out with no problem at all .

08-05-2015 07:41 AM
    Agreed. However, other than my Motorola phones, all of my AT&T phones have required a connection to AT&T in order to update. AT&T appears to use their own update servers to provide updates .

You may be able to get the OS image and do the update via a USB cable and the update tools (Samsung Kies, I think it's called). I had to do that to my Optimus G Pro because there was some odd provisioning error with that phone using LG's update tool.

I don't know if the image is available, but usually it's a full reload image, so that means a factory reset. I recommend a factory reset after Lolliop anyway, so...
    08-05-2015 07:52 AM
    Agreed. However, other than my Motorola phones, all of my AT&T phones have required a connection to AT&T in order to update. AT&T appears to use their own update servers to provide updates .

You may be able to get the OS image and do the update via a USB cable and the update tools (Samsung Kies, I think it's called). I had to do that to my Optimus G Pro because there was some odd provisioning error with that phone using LG's update tool.

I don't know if the image is available, but usually it's a full reload image, so that means a factory reset. I recommend a factory reset after Lolliop anyway, so...

I tried Kies and it also said it had the latest update. Phone is saying I can try again in 10 hours. I guess I will try to find someone with an AT&T phone

08-05-2015 08:35 AM
    I have roughly the same problem. It's an AT&T Note 4, but I'm using it with Cricket Wireless. I've checked for updates periodically the last few months, and it's always said there were no updates. Finally tried installing Kies today, and it also said that the 4.4.4 firmware is already the latest. So how can I get the Lollipop updates? To be honest, getting Lollipop isn't that big a deal for me, but I would like to get the recent security fixes. I just don't know how to do that now.
    08-05-2015 12:24 PM
    I have roughly the same problem. It's an AT&T Note 4, but I'm using it with Cricket Wireless. I've checked for updates periodically the last few months, and it's always said there were no updates. Finally tried installing Kies today, and it also said that the 4.4.4 firmware is already the latest. So how can I get the Lollipop updates? To be honest, getting Lollipop isn't that big a deal for me, but I would like to get the recent security fixes. I just don't know how to do that now.
    It's pretty frustrating

08-05-2015 12:31 PM
    I'm running 5.0.1 currently on AT&T Note 4. My understanding 5.1.1 is forthcoming.

08-05-2015 12:56 PM
    That's great, Greg, but what I'd like to know is how to get my Note 4 updated. If there was a file I could download and apply, that would be fine. Doing an OTA update would be better, but I don't mind having to do it myself, if it was possible.
    Kjthomas0724 likes this.
    08-05-2015 01:21 PM
    The only two ways I am aware of is 1) a push from the carrier and 2) manually doing it by going to settings, general, about device, software update...I hope this helps.

AT&T Note 4 5.0.1
    08-05-2015 05:53 PM
    The only two ways I am aware of is 1) a push from the carrier and 2) manually doing it by going to settings, general, about device, software update...I hope this helps.

AT&T Note 4 5.0.1
    Neither of those are working with my phone. Keis either

08-05-2015 08:02 PM
    I have an AT&T branded note 4 using it on straight talk and I still got the update from AT&T . The phone uses WiFi to get its updates so even if it has someone else's Sim in it, it should still get the update from AT&T. I had to move date up a day to get it.

08-06-2015 01:18 AM
    I have an AT&T branded note 4 using it on straight talk and I still got the update from AT&T . The phone uses WiFi to get its updates so even if it has someone else's Sim in it, it should still get the update from AT&T. I had to move date up a day to get it.

Mine keeps saying 4.4.4 is the the most current update

08-06-2015 06:35 AM
    This is what I get when I check for a software update on my AT&T note 4 running 4.4.4

Attached Thumbnails att update-screenshot_2015-08-06-21-36-20.jpg  
    08-06-2015 09:37 PM
    Note 4 on Straight Talk under AT&T here. I'm at 4.4.4 and when I try to check for updates it says, "Checking for software updates.", but it never returns. It just displays that message without ending. If I reboot and try again I get the 24 timeout, try again BS. Been trying this for months now and no joy. I'm a little pissed because a lot of updates to the camera, etc, are available but without the new OS I can't get them.
    10-06-2015 03:28 PM
    Note 4 on Straight Talk under AT&T here. I'm at 4.4.4 and when I try to check for updates it says, "Checking for software updates.", but it never returns. It just displays that message without ending. If I reboot and try again I get the 24 timeout, try again BS. Been trying this for months now and no joy. I'm a little pissed because a lot of updates to the camera, etc, are available but without the new OS I can't get them.
    I ended up taking mine to best buy and they did the update for me

10-06-2015 03:47 PM
    I just tried sticking the AT&T SIM (that came with the phone) in and doing an update, but that didn't work, either. Does the SIM have to be an ACTIVE AT&T SIM? Or am I just somehow unlucky and simply haven't gotten the update yet?
    10-16-2015 06:56 PM
    I just tried sticking the AT&T SIM (that came with the phone) in and doing an update, but that didn't work, either. Does the SIM have to be an ACTIVE AT&T SIM? Or am I just somehow unlucky and simply haven't gotten the update yet?
    From what I have been told the sim has to be active. Guess I'll be going to best buy again to get the update

10-17-2015 05:20 PM
    dont need an att sim, i have a brand new note 4 unlocked never had an att sime ever in it. use it on straight talk and still got my 511 update from att over the wifi
    10-17-2015 06:15 PM
    dont need an att sim, i have a brand new note 4 unlocked never had an att sime ever in it. use it on straight talk and still got my 511 update from att over the wifi
    This makes sense due to straight talk data speed.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-17-2015 10:36 PM
    I have an unlocked AT&T Note 4 on Metro Pcs and have tried several times to get the update. Nothing. Not even when I'm on wifi.

10-17-2015 10:42 PM