How can I get my Verizon HotSpot working on Windows 10?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon HotSpot and Windows 10

Hi!
I know this probably isn't directly Note 4 related, but I figured I'd start here. I recently updated my Tablet (Surface Pro 3) to Windows 10 and it went off without a hitch. I had been having issues with my Note 4, so last night I did a reset back to Factory Specs.

Now today, I tried connecting my tablet to my hotspot on my Note 4 and I only get as far as "checking network requirements" and that's it. Then the message on the tablet goes to "cannot connect to this network." Strange cuz before the update and before I reset my phone, everything worked perfectly. Of course, now that both the phone reset and the W10 update, I don't know which has caused my problem.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!
Bruce

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon HotSpot and Windows 10

Bruce,
Are you able to connect the tablet to any other wifi connection? Can you connect any other device to the Note 4 Hotspot?

Posted via the Android Central App

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm able to connect my tablet to all Wi-Fi networks, both at home and work. I don't really have another device to try and connect to the phone/hotspot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

The Note 4 factory reset may have changed the WiFi authentication key (password) that the Note 4 requires for devices to access the Hotspot.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure it did. However I don't even get to that point. It says 'checking network requirements' and comes back with "cannot connect to network." I don't even get the chance to input the password. That's what's puzzling

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Have your tablet forget the connection and then it will ask for your key once again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm trying to figure out how to do that. It doesn't seem to be a remembered connection. It's a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10.

Usually when it's a case of a bad password, it gives me the chance to input the new password. It just says "cannot connect to this network." That's what makes me wonder what the heck is going on!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

To forget go to settings>wifi>manage wifi settings>manage known networks. Select the network and you will get the option to forget.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OppfinnarJocke

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

To forget go to settings>wifi>manage wifi settings>manage known networks. Select the network and you will get the option to forget.

Kudos for this. I cannot believe that I have to do this manually. When the connection fails I expect to be asked to forget the network or not. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze