Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know why I am getting this when I check for a software update? It's a AT&T note 4 running on metro pcs. It's running 4.4.4 and I know there should be an update by now. The update should have been from AT&T seeing as the t-mobile one I just had replaced had the update come from t-mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-06-21-36-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-06-21-36-20.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 186

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The upaye should be coming from MetroPCS, and evidently they don't have one yet (and may never will - virtual network operators usually don't do updates). You'll have to find a MetroPCS update file (look on XDA Forums) and do it manually with Odin (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN - you do an update either that way or flashing a zip in recovery, depending on what kind of file you find).

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
The upaye should be coming from MetroPCS, and evidently they don't have one yet (and may never will - virtual network operators usually don't do updates). You'll have to find a MetroPCS update file (look on XDA Forums) and do it manually with Odin (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN - you do an update either that way or flashing a zip in recovery, depending on what kind of file you find).

The update doesn't come from metro. It's an unlocked AT&T phone and the update should come from AT&T as I stated.

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering of you could remove your metro pcs sim, leave it out then turn on the phone and log into your wifi and see if it works?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I will give that a try tonight when it let's me check for an update again.

I'm afraid that if you're not comfortable flashing manually and the above doesn't work then your only recourse is to go back to the carrier or wherever you got your phone from and see if they can help get it updated.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid that if you're not comfortable flashing manually and the above doesn't work then your only recourse is to go back to the carrier or wherever you got your phone from and see if they can help get it updated.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem on my S4 (At&t unlocked) and only way to update is going to best buy and giving it to samsung rep. I tried everything and failed to get out of this error. I remember this started happening after I moved out of At&t and used t-mobile sim card. Looks like At&t has a way to make their ex customer's regret ;)

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem on my S4 (At&t unlocked) and only way to update is going to best buy and giving it to samsung rep. I tried everything and failed to get out of this error. I remember this started happening after I moved out of At&t and used t-mobile sim card. Looks like At&t has a way to make their ex customer's regret ;)

Sucks cause I was never a AT&T customer

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm having a Note 3 ATT and Note 3 TMO that ATT tends to lock their stuff down tighter.
I was able to update the software OTA using WiFI Only (no sim card installed) on my TMO Note 3..
But on the ATT one it wanted an active SIM card.
Take out the sim card, put it in airplane mode, with WiFi on, and then hook it up to Kies. Maybe with out the sim ard Kies will do it.
If that fails then maybe someone else will come up with another idea.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm having a Note 3 ATT and Note 3 TMO that ATT tends to lock their stuff down tighter.
I was able to update the software OTA using WiFI Only (no sim card installed) on my TMO Note 3..
But on the ATT one it wanted an active SIM card.
Take out the sim card, put it in airplane mode, with WiFi on, and then hook it up to Kies. Maybe with out the sim ard Kies will do it.
If that fails then maybe someone else will come up with another idea.

Tried this a min ago. Keis didn't find an update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12