02-15-2016 10:01 AM
59 123
tools
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a new SIM-free Note 4. I'm coming from the iPhone 6+ and have a few questions regarding Lollipop/5.1.1

The phone will come with KitKat on it and I'm inclined to think that it will perform best with the version of Android it was designed for. My previous experience of iOS updates is that they slow older phones down, is this true with Android? Should I try and disable the update and stick on KitKat? I want the smoothest, fastest experience possible from what will be a brand new phone.

Also, aside from speed/lag, does anything work better on KitKat, such as GPS etc? Oh and finally, is the loudspeaker as tinny and shrill as all the reviews state? My 6+ has a lovely warm and non-harsh speaker. Thanks in advance :-)
    09-24-2015 08:23 PM
    I know I am a little late to this thread but I wanted to share on how I fixed my lag issue with my note 4 after the 5.1.1 update. Just a little background, after the update my phone would randomly lag out and some times lock the screen. It was very frustrating.

I researched and researched and tried factory resetting and clearing the cache and it still happened.

So yesterday I found a fix. It is a "feature" called "smart lock". If you go to settings-security-trust agents and turn off smart lock, your phone will be good again. That is it.

So far mine and my daughter's note 4 has not been lagging for a day now.
    10-07-2015 06:47 PM
    Try doing it without you MicroSD.
    10-08-2015 03:02 PM
    I just recently updated mine to 5.1.1 ( N910C)

Now My problem is I can't fast charge anymore, damn! how come ?
    10-10-2015 09:59 PM
    same issues here my dear, I can't fast charge.. before I had no problem with 5.0.1 update and I can quick charge.. ( 1 hr and 30 minutes) now I feel like I charge in a normal way so I noticed it wont fast charge as fast charge does...Im think too it would be the cable problem or my firmware.. I don't know hope some one coupd help me to fix this.. or should we wait for the Anroid M?
    10-10-2015 10:02 PM
    I got problem after 5.1 update I cant fast charge anymore.. do you have any ideas ?
    10-10-2015 10:25 PM
    I am some what of a perfectionist when it comes to my phone. I notice the smallest lag , and any change that occurs. I never usually get quite bothered by updates , but since 5.1.1 it has forced me to go from loving my phone for the past year to nearly selling it tomorrow. . This form is my last resort. The amount of problems I am experiencing cant be a coincidence and I will list them below. ( this phone has made me nothing but happy, till now.)

Problems:
    1. Phone takes atleast 5.0 seconds for screen to come on when pressing home key or unlock button. The keys will light up but screen will take an extra few seconds to respond.
    2. Phone will not charge, while on charger , unless turned off...Started right after the update ,not sure what could cause that.
    3.Apps wont exit, but screen will go blank or bring me to the home screen without icons, they after a few moments bring me back to the app i had open, completely at random.
    4. Phone tends to completely reset. It will do this while multitasking .
    5. Drop down menu will lag coming down, without any other programs open.

Im very strict about downloading. I dont have much on my phone besides music, photos and videos. Keeping my phone and computer well maintained is important to me and essential to my life. I dont understand why this is happening , and I hope others can help. The only good thing that came out of this is the fact I created my first form account

Would be amazing to get some responses, i will give more details if requested. Thank you everyone who reads.
    Also have done a factory reset with no positive results.
    HI I just want to let you know that I have the same problem with the screen and I sent my phone to Samsung 6 times and they can't fix the problem so they just decided to replace my phone but when I received the replacement, the new one is doing the same problem.
    02-15-2016 07:13 AM
    We seem to be running smoother
    Pretty much ANY time you have an update, a good idea is to FR and clear the cache via the button trick listed above. Save you a WORLD of heartache. Honestly, Android should put this out as a bulletin for everyone; this advice would have saved me a world of heartache in the past. Glad you got her running. I ADORE my Note 4, and if Sammy doesn't change back to removable battery/ SD Card support, I'll hold onto it until they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
    02-15-2016 10:00 AM
    HI I just want to let you know that I have the same problem with the screen and I sent my phone to Samsung 6 times and they can't fix the problem so they just decided to replace my phone but when I received the replacement, the new one is doing the same problem.
    See the advice above if you haven't already.
    02-15-2016 10:01 AM
59 123