Why Does 5.1.1 Update Feel Like It Ruined My Note 4?

Mjranieri

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I am some what of a perfectionist when it comes to my phone. I notice the smallest lag , and any change that occurs. I never usually get quite bothered by updates , but since 5.1.1 it has forced me to go from loving my phone for the past year to nearly selling it tomorrow. . This form is my last resort. The amount of problems I am experiencing cant be a coincidence and I will list them below. ( this phone has made me nothing but happy, till now.)

Problems:
1. Phone takes atleast 5.0 seconds for screen to come on when pressing home key or unlock button. The keys will light up but screen will take an extra few seconds to respond.
2. Phone will not charge, while on charger , unless turned off...Started right after the update ,not sure what could cause that.
3.Apps wont exit, but screen will go blank or bring me to the home screen without icons, they after a few moments bring me back to the app i had open, completely at random.
4. Phone tends to completely reset. It will do this while multitasking .
5. Drop down menu will lag coming down, without any other programs open.

Im very strict about downloading. I dont have much on my phone besides music, photos and videos. Keeping my phone and computer well maintained is important to me and essential to my life. I dont understand why this is happening , and I hope others can help. The only good thing that came out of this is the fact I created my first form account

Would be amazing to get some responses, i will give more details if requested. Thank you everyone who reads.
Also have done a factory reset with no positive results.

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

What are settings do you have set in regards to power, location etc. Also who is your carrier?

~Blessed From My Note 4~

Mjranieri

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
re:

I dont feel the battery settings or location are the issue because it stays charged awile, just doesnt charge as fast. It may be a cable issue, i will order new one soon. Im more concerned about the speed and lag issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-10-00-47-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-10-00-47-52.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 698
  • Screenshot_2015-08-10-00-48-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-10-00-48-25.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 698

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Same here. How long have you your phone? I just got mine a few weeks ago and it perfirms fine all around with 5.1.1

~Blessed From My Note 4~

Mjranieri

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
re:

Same here. How long have you your phone? I just got mine a few weeks ago and it perfirms fine all around with 5.1.1

~Blessed From My Note 4~

Ive had my phone over a year, was yours preloaded with 5.1.1? Also, I have been paying close attention to its preformace from the begining, so that may be why i notice it so greatly decreased. It is depressing becaue of the love I had for it.

~Phone Perfectionist~

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Ive had my phone over a year, was yours preloaded with 5.1.1? Also, I have been paying close attention to its preformace from the begining, so that may be why i notice it so greatly decreased. It is depressing becaue of the love I had for it.

~Phone Perfectionist~
No it wasn't preloaded. It upgraded about 2 hours into me using it to Lollipop. Out the box it was KK. Two days later I got a small update and then last week I upgraded to 5.1.1 and my phone has been so damn good all around.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

Mjranieri

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
re:

No it wasn't preloaded. It upgraded about 2 hours into me using it to Lollipop. Out the box it was KK. Two days later I got a small update and then last week I upgraded to 5.1.1 and my phone has been so damn good all around.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

Well, youre lucky then man. I wish I knew why it has been acting up. Wondering if it could be a SD card issue, but I have the same problem without it.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
re:

Going to ask the obvious... did you wipe the cache partition in recovery after the update? Also, is the phone slow in safe mode?

Mjranieri

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
re:

^Very picky about lag, but not how to properly reset the phone, would be my guess also. Just kidding! 😉

No you could be right, when you say "properly reset" im unaware on how to reset the cache (as the person above said). All I did was back up my data and factory reset. If you guys could tell me some info on extra steps or anything thag would be amazing.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
re:

The only issue I have after the SPRINT 5.1.1 update last week is #1 in your original Post. The lag is there for sure, but my screen wakes up after about 2 seconds. I tried clearing the Cache but that didn't help much. I may have to do a Factory reset this weekend.

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

No you could be right, when you say "properly reset" im unaware on how to reset the cache (as the person above said). All I did was back up my data and factory reset. If you guys could tell me some info on extra steps or anything thag would be amazing.

Restart your phone by holding Volume up & Home & Power button simultaneously in order to get into the Recovery mode. Then wipe everything you need (factory reset, wipe cache partition).

Mjranieri

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Restart your phone by holding Volume up & Home & Power button simultaneously in order to get into the Recovery mode. Then wipe everything you need (factory reset, wipe cache partition).

I wiped cache and factory reset from recovery mode, awaiting the restart then I will let you guys know how It went

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12