Verizon update now

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Any info in an update I am downloading as we speak. Verizon note 4. I already have the July update..Google did not help. Thoughts? Didn't know one was expected..

Steve

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Question......I have been deferring the Lollipop update for over a month now, by hitting install later every day! If a new update comes through for this security patch, will they be listed as separate updates? Or if I let it update, will it bundle and download Lollipop as well?

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep... it even says it right in the initial Notification Box! "Stagefright Security Patch"
Really?! My VZW Note 4 doesn't specifically say anything about what the update is, just a general security update. No mention of Stagefright anywhere.

afbb9e433379c44684541cb5a4a2824d.jpg

jck_p

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I read where a Verizon user accepted the "Stagefright" security update, then ran the Stagefright Detector and it said he was still vulnerable. Upon reading that I did more research. Discovered that the patch is only good if you're on 5.1.1. - VZW Note 4 users are not, so what good is the patch?

Anybody else have any related info on this?

jck_p

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I also came across this RUMOR on another thread: "...note 4 users will be skipping 5.1.1 and straight to android M 5.2..." but I've seen that Sprint rolled out 5.1.1 to Note 4.

Anyone have any insight into what VZW might do?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So a security update improved my performance??

I think Verizon uses the term performance as in "performs", or "works better". When the term performance is used, I think of "faster, no lag, more responsive..."

Like laxarambula mentions, the term "performance" appears to be a blanket term that Verizon uses. In this particular case, Verizon should probably could pick a more descriptive term or statement like "more secure".

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
All,I was being facetious, but thanks for the replies and interest! Verizon should really issue a small blurb or email or something prior to an update

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I received the stage fright update on my note 4. Although it's on T-Mobile, I've actually noticed a performance boost. My phone seems to be a lot more spiffy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs