lock screen issue with my note 4 running 5.0.1

tituswife

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a permission somewhere, that you have to uncheck, maybe Accessibility? I had to do it. I'm sorry I can't remember more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

David Askew

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem after updating to 5.0.1.
I set the pin lock, no problem, but the following day I went to remove it and it was the same thing with options being greyed out, essentially locking me out of my own phone.
If I didn't know with absolute certainty that no one had access to my phone, I would have thought someone had hijacked it.
I spent a few hours with customer service reps ranging from in-store to level 3 techs on the phone, no one had a clue. It was even suggested that I get a new handset since it's under warranty. But I didn't want that hassle after having spent the last 3 months getting how I want.
Seems that when I also updated a bunch of apps after going to Lollipop, something didn't play well together.
I uninstalled the updates, restarted the Note4, and all is good.
Do you use a launcher other than stock?
I didn't have time to uninstall updates one by one, then reboot and check, but I believe it may have been the launcher I was using at the time.
I remember messing with its lock screen plug-in earlier in the day.
It's just speculation, but I feel it was the locker option. JMHO

Posted via the Android Central App

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
You may need to clear either the

Check Phone Administrators and Trusted Credentials under Security in Settings. You have to clear one (I can't remember which) to be able to get the None option back.

Richard Goris

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Unfortunately none worked. I ended up just factory resetting the phone and honestly this might have been the best option. The phone runs pretty close to how it did at launch running 4.4.4 I'm pretty happy with my phone now. Again, thanks all!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon