I've had the Note 4 for several weeks now, its my forst Android phone, and quite honestly, it is a bit of a disappointment so far.
    The hardware itself feels great and shouts 'premium', the screen is really great and then S Pen is actually useable. The camera is also brilliant.

But...
    • The battery life isn't bad but it should be better. If I use the device for an hour, the battery gets absolutely hammered. Why do I have to resort to Power Saving mode or switch off features, to get through the day?
    • Performance, for this class of processor and RAM, is just not as good as it should be. Lags are really unacceptable with 3Gb Ram and a quad core.
    • The default mail client is awful, it simply stopped synching Exchange emails for 24 hours for no reason I could figure out. I deleted my Exchange account, re added it, checked the synch settings, max size etc etc. But it just stayed broke.
    • The phone dialler - wot no touch tones? Really? On a phone? And I add favourites to the Phone/People screen, but I have multiple contact entries for the same people (Outlook, FB, Twitter etc)and I can't see which one I added easily, ie the correct one that has the right phone number against it. Contact entries have photos against people but the Favourites screen doesnt show the pictures....?
    • I press the unlock button, and get a whopping TWO seconds to swipe, or it goes off again. Sorry, not long enough for this old geezer.
    • Notifications - these are all over the place. The thing makes so many different ching-pop-bong-whizz noises but itstoo hard to find out where to change these.
    • Some screens have Back <- arrows, others don't.
    • I cannot play any cipls off the BBC news site using the BBC Media Player. Not One.
    • Car Mode - apart from the fact that the voice sounds like it came from a 1980s Speak'n'Spell, there is NO way to get out of car mode once you're in it, even parking the car and wandering off has no effect. i have to reboot the whole device.
    • Nothing on the screen once its locked and off - I mean I may get a tinkly noise from a new email, the light blinks but that's all - shouldn't I be able to get a visual screen notification for these sorts of things, like a banner or something?
    • Sometimes when I unlock the phone with fingerprint swipe, the phone unlocks then just launches some random app, eg the Weather or the phone.

That's just the stuff I can remember. I had already ditched the dreaded iOS as I found it went straight downhill from iOS7 onwards. I then spent a very entertaining year using a Lumia which, though limited in some areas, did the basics very well. I've still got my Lumia 640 here - 2 days battery life easily, problem-free email and lousy browser all in a measly 1Gb RAM. Tempted to resurrected it and sell off this 'Flagship' device!
    08-11-2015 12:05 PM
    Most of the problems you've listed, i've had as well and no updates or factory resets have fixed them. The lag on mine has been very rough and surprisingly terrible. I dislike the fingerprint scanner software/hardware, I hate the default mail client (way too easy to download a new one though so that's a non-issue for me), and I also think the battery life should be much better. I'm very lucky if I get 4.5 hours of screen on time. Which compared to a normal smartphone, is pretty dang good but not for the Note 4.

The other things you mentioned I either have no experience with (the BBC app), or I think there are super simple fixes (notifications). I'm sorry to hear you do not enjoy the device however. Best of luck in your next move.
    08-11-2015 01:00 PM
    Apart from the lags (multitasking, camera-gallery) and Lolliflop itself I'm feeling it. A little bit too big for one hand usage, though. 😉
    Edit: Forgot about the GPS hardware issue. This is also kinda annoying.
    08-11-2015 01:35 PM