So I know there's an error that is fairly well known where you open the Camera app and it says that it has failed. Well this isn't what I am referring to.

About two months ago my camera would make a terrible crackling noise when I opened the camera application. When it does this, the screen image shakes and looks all wavy. It does this now every time I open the camera app and everyone I show it to, cringes as they hear that crackling noise. It is most unpleasant.

Anyway, I contacted AT&T to have it replaced under warranty. I bought this the day it came out so luckily I still have two more months before the warranty expires. My two questions are: 1) what do you suppose the chances are that I get a nasty refurbished device instead of new? and 2) Has anyone else seen or heard of this problem before on any Android device? It was entirely new to me and I see no results when I google it.
    08-11-2015 11:51 AM
    The first batches of Note 4, especially TMobile's, had a problem with their cameras and the focus mechanism. However, I've never heard of one that creaks so badly.

Chances are probably 100% that you'll get a refubrished. Wouldn't call them nasty, really... but yeah, at this point most warranty units are, indeed, refubrished ones. Only at launch will you be lucky enough to actually get a new one. UNLESS you can be presuasive and have the store rep replace it with one of their new units when you turn in yours.
    08-11-2015 12:48 PM
    The first batches of Note 4, especially TMobile's, had a problem with their cameras and the focus mechanism. However, I've never heard of one that creaks so badly.

Chances are probably 100% that you'll get a refubrished. Wouldn't call them nasty, really... but yeah, at this point most warranty units are, indeed, refubrished ones. Only at launch will you be lucky enough to actually get a new one. UNLESS you can be presuasive and have the store rep replace it with one of their new units when you turn in yours.
    I call them "nasty" because there's only a few reasons why a phone would be refurbished. And the only instance where i'd be okay with it, is if someone simply returned the device because they preferred a different device. I don't want a device that someone dropped in their toilet and then I hold it up to my face to place a call. But yeah I talked to AT&T's warranty dept and it will be refurbished. We'll see what problem I inherit with this one.
    08-11-2015 02:41 PM