Hey all. Longtime Apple user, decided to give Android a try, got the Note 4 back in February/March. Since then, nothing but frustration. My Macbook Pro does not recognize my phone and I can't figure out how to get pictures and music to and from Macbook. Running Yosemite on Macbook. can anyone help?

Thank you!
    08-12-2015 09:19 AM
    You need to download android file transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 09:21 AM
    Once you download to your Mac that it will recognise your phone and you will be able to transfer stuff from your Mac to your phone and vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 09:22 AM
    Hi there did that. Every time, I get a message that says, "Try reconnecting or restarting your device."
    08-12-2015 05:21 PM
    I ditched android file transfer once I got my Note 4. Unreliable for me too.

I either use Kies or I use wifi by using the Airdroid app.

In Kies one can either work with storage using the links on the upper left corner of the application or they can use the Basic Information tab for the device and click on the folder icon to the right of the Internal/External memory space charts to go directly to the storage spaces in a "finder like" window.
    08-12-2015 07:08 PM
    Ideally, I'd like to take the photos off my phone and import them into Photos on the Macbook. It's a 100% fact that I'm going back to Apple (no offense to you Android lovers, I just like it better, even though Note4 is an awesome phone ). Just waiting for the prices on 6Plus to drop. So can I do that with Kies?
    I originally did download it, but thought it looked rather chaotic and unorganized (probably just used to another format), so I ditched it.
    08-13-2015 09:39 AM
    If you're looking for a one-click import option into Photos I'm afraid I can't help you there since I'm not an Apple Photos user (I prefer to manually manage my photos or use Lightroom).

All I can say is that in Kies once you connect the Note 4 via USB there will be a photo link on the upper left corner which will give you a listing of all photos on the Note 4. You can check the check boxes next to any photos you wish to copy to the computer, click the copy to PC button and you're presented with a finder window asking where to place the files. How those files get "imported" into Apple Photos thereafter I don't know.

Hope this helps.
    08-13-2015 11:33 AM
    Go to the Samsung site, search Kies 3 for Mac. Download, install, setup your local folders. Drag and drop.
    08-13-2015 04:37 PM