Should I trade in my S6 on the Note 4 at Tmobile?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile just knocked the Note 4 down to $549 today since the Note5 is coming out.

I like the S6 except the speaker and battery life is just atrocious on this device.

Would you consider a Note 4 an upgrade to the S6 with the bigger battery and removable storage? Will it still be a powerful device a year from now?

The Note 5 is too much and don't want the small battery and no IR blaster.

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
If I were in your position I woud definitely upgrade to the Note 4. Plenty of power and function. S-pen, spare battery, swappable storage SD cards, IR blaster!! Function over form.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile just knocked the Note 4 down to $549 today since the Note5 is coming out.

I like the S6 except the speaker and battery life is just atrocious on this device.

Would you consider a Note 4 an upgrade to the S6 with the bigger battery and removable storage? Will it still be a powerful device a year from now?

I would say yes. To me the Note 4 is an overall better phone than the S6 but the fingerprint scanner of the S6 may be of some importance to you. Though the S6's camera is better the Note 4's is still very very good and you know all the other goodness the Note offers.

Yeah, get the Note 4.

from the Elegance

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The single speaker on the Note 4 is loud, very loud. I set my phone on the counter top next to the sink in my master bathroom next to the wall to get the reverberation, it gets much louder by doing so, then take a shower in an enclosed stall across the room and can listen to news quite well while the shower is running. I have never been able to do so with any other phone. I normally, before the Note 4, would listen to music, barely. With this phone, listening to speech, as I am a news junkie (especially first thing in the morning) is very easy to do. Clean, bold and robust audio.

Headphone quality depends on the headset and app that you use. I use the native app, as well as Avia and JetAudio Mobile.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I say NO. I know note 4 is better device, but you will regret missing better finger print scanner, camera, faster storage, faster memory , fast charging and themes. If you haven't used S6 earlier, note 4 is beast.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I traded it in. The Note 4 speaker compared to my s6 is better and so far the lag is a lot less.

The S6 is junk but the s6 battery was simply unacceptable as I'm a medium to heavy user.

On the Note or S7 is samsung uses a small battery again and no removable battery this might be the last Samsung I buy.

Love the Note so far.

No way I was going to get a Note 5 with no IR blaster removable battery or SD.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Note 4 is still one of the best all around phones out there. I think you did the right thing.

I wish I got it sooner but I bought S5 April last year and didn't want to buy a Note 4 that Nov. Shoudl have bought this instead of the POS S6. Hopefully the Note 6 and S7 samsung Samsung quits trying to copy apple. I won't buy a Note 6 if no IR blaster or removeable storage and battery. I use my phone a lot and the small battery of the S6 is simply a joke along with the lag.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I wish I got it sooner but I bought S5 April last year and didn't want to buy a Note 4 that Nov. Shoudl have bought this instead of the POS S6. Hopefully the Note 6 and S7 samsung Samsung quits trying to copy apple. I won't buy a Note 6 if no IR blaster or removeable storage and battery. I use my phone a lot and the small battery of the S6 is simply a joke along with the lag.

I disagree with your statement that the S6 is a POS. I actually love mine. I got it the day it was released. My wife has an iPhone and she is getting an S6 in the next week or 2. Always personal preference but my wife has had an iPhone 4, 4S, 5S, and 6. She's finally fed up with Apple and making the switch to Android.

PS - I know you did not mention iPhone but just making a point that the S6 is a great device. She chose it over the Note 4 and S6 Edge.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB
ZAGG Tempered Glass
AT&T

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I disagree with your statement that the S6 is a POS. I actually love mine. I got it the day it was released. My wife has an iPhone and she is getting an S6 in the next week or 2. Always personal preference but my wife has had an iPhone 4, 4S, 5S, and 6. She's finally fed up with Apple and making the switch to Android.

PS - I know you did not mention iPhone but just making a point that the S6 is a great device. She chose it over the Note 4 and S6 Edge.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB
ZAGG Tempered Glass
AT&T

Well maybe that was overboard, because it's a great phone but I was quite frustrated with it compared to my S5. My S5 had less lag and better battery and removable too. I should have kept the S5 and later got the Note 4.

IPhone is a premium device too but it doesn't turn me on. I bought the s6 over the IPhone 6 plus.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My feeling with the S6 (and I know that it's me, not the S6) is that if I wanted an iPhone I'd get an iPhone, not a phone that's trying to be an iPhone.

from the Elegance

Hassan272

May 24, 2015
Visit site
True, but there are a lot of people out there who want the looks, fluidity and general experience an iPhone has to offer but with the features and hardware of an Android device. Usually those coming from an iPhone themselves.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
True, but there are a lot of people out there who want the looks, fluidity and general experience an iPhone has to offer but with the features and hardware of an Android device. Usually those coming from an iPhone themselves.

Well, Samsung obviously has those folks in mind.

from my old nexus 5

MarLa Salagantin

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

yeap note 4 has IR Blaster !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome