No more Note 4's Available??

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Plus giving up unlimited data to capped data is something I'm EXTREMELY leery to do.
I'm with you there. Sprint does have a data roaming cap, though. They told me so themselves. You're unlimited, but if you're roaming, which I rarely do, you are capped at 800 minutes and 100 or 300 megabytes. Go over and you can be charged or cancelled. This is what I was told by their CS and was shocked to hear. Thought it was all unlimited. There's some fine print somewhere and I have read it, just don't know where atm.

Note - see post #37 for the current terms re: roaming.

I'm mad at them right now, but by the time my contract is up I'll probably get over it. Life moves on and is too short to stay angry.

Last edited:

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
But that aside, when I buy a phone, I like to buy one that comes directly from the factory where I'm the first owner and I have complete control over it's use, protection, etc.
Yup. I was going to get a used one, thought it over and decided no. I paid full-price at BB because it was the only one left anywhere that I could find after searching for almost 40 hours and I'm still on contract. Hated to do it, but at least it's a business deduction. Softens the wallet blow.

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you there. Sprint does have a data roaming cap, though. They told me so themselves. You're unlimited, but if you're roaming, which I rarely do, you are capped at 800GB. Go over and you can be charged. This is what I was told by their CS and was shocked to hear. Thought it was all unlimited. There's some fine print somewhere and I have read it, just don't know where atm.

I'm mad at them right now, but by the time my contract is up I'll probably get over it. Life moves on and is too short to stay angry.

I didn't realize that about their data caps, but that does make sense, at least with roaming. Namely if Sprint has to pay excessive charges to the network the phone is roaming on. I have a friend who had sprint and moved to an area where the signal would go from 3g to roaming and back. His phone ended up on roaming more at his new house that Sprint cancelled his account because of it.

As for me, right now I have an Airrave at home since I live specifically in a blacked out area, but when traveling locally I pick up 4G signal elsewhere so I'm fine unless I really hit the backwoods in places.

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I was going to get a used one, thought it over and decided no. I paid full-price at BB because it was the only one left anywhere that I could find after searching for almost 40 hours and I'm still on contract. Hated to do it, but at least it's a business deduction. Softens the wallet blow.

If I had the spare cash to pay the full $299 price in this instance, I would. I admit considering AT&T selling theirs at $0 leaves me reeling a bit that $299 is way over paying. Being I run my own small business where literally every penny counts, I can't bring myself to pay over $199 for that phone at the moment.

It just seems like all of this Note 4 business is being handled very very poorly by Sprint when so many excess sales could be generated.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
As for me, right now I have an Airrave at home since I live specifically in a blacked out area, but when traveling locally I pick up 4G signal elsewhere so I'm fine unless I really hit the backwoods in places.
They gave me an Airrave when I called them while lived in FL - zero service. Called in on an unrelated issue and the CS couldn't hear me because of the bad connection. She went "Wow! I'm sending you an Airrave." I carried it with me here and it's needed to be replaced twice. They never bother me about it and I don't have to pay for it. Fortunately, once I'm a couple of miles from here the service is acceptable. I keep it on Home network unless I know I'll be roaming. Then I'm careful.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Being I run my own small business where literally every penny counts, I can't bring myself to pay over $199 for that phone at the moment.

It just seems like all of this Note 4 business is being handled very very poorly by Sprint when so many excess sales could be generated.
I agree on the handling. I only paid full price because I knew in less than a month they would be gone and I would be stuck with the N5 as my only option. Still painful. Small business owner here, too.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What's gonna happen when next year comes and LG follows suit with everyone else?

And no one offers external anything? You're stuck with a old phone running lollipop with battery life issues.

I wouldn't based my choice on a phone with that.

Posted via the Android Central App

The Note 4 will get Marshmallow.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure with the Note 5 coming out, the Note 4 will be harder to find as the companies want to sell their new Note 5's. If it's still being manufactured though, maybe just a lot of people buying the Note 4's that are not interested like a lot of us in the Note 5's minimal changes and upgrades.

So maybe just short of stock right now with Sprint and will be replenished in a little while. Just guessing. I know when I moved from Verizon to AT&T back in February this year, I had a note 4 from Verizon that didn't work well with AT&T. I had it since it was released on the market. I wanted to get a Note 4, but the price was so high on AT&T, so looked to see if any New Note 3's on their website. Nope, nothing but refurbs, So ended up paying the price at BB for my Note 4 on AT&T. Saved some by having a gift card and trading my Verizon N4 in, but still expensive. So maybe they are fazing the N4 out for the newer Note 5. I'm not sure, just saying it's a possibility. I think still too soon, because the Note 5 was just released.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
What's gonna happen when next year comes and LG follows suit with everyone else?

And no one offers external anything? You're stuck with a old phone running lollipop with battery life issues.

I wouldn't based my choice on a phone with that.

Well that's why there are choices and opinions, of which we are all entitled to our own. I want a removable battery, right now I won't buy a phone unless it has one. Now once every manufacturer has sealed them, then at that point I won't have a choice and then and only then will I pick from what they have available. But for now I will only BUY a phone with a removable battery.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well that's why there are choices and opinions, of which we are all entitled to our own. I want a removable battery, right now I won't buy a phone unless it has one. Now once every manufacturer has sealed them, then at that point I won't have a choice and then and only then will I pick from what they have available. But for now I will only BUY a phone with a removable battery.
Well, I think the Note 4 will be available via Amazon, etc for a while and there's the G4 (but its not without its issues either). It's weird to think of the Note 4 as the last phone that just had everything but I think that's where we are.

from the Elegance

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Well, I think the Note 4 will be available via Amazon, etc for a while and there's the G4 (but its not without its issues either). It's weird to think of the Note 4 as the last phone that just had everything but I think that's where we are.

from the Elegance

Note 4: The last phone of true freedom maybe?

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

from the Elegance

Sadly everything available on Amazon is used or refurbs. Nothing new for 2yr contracts with the Note 4 to be found from Sprint.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Surely not 800GB.

Okay. Since I can't find it right now, let's say it was eight with zero(s). The main point is that there is a roaming cap. Saw it when I renewed my contract in 2013 and Sprint also told me. Saw it again when my son bought his phone in December. There is a cap so be aware. Roaming unlimited is in fact, NOT unlimited.

Last edited:

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Surely not 800GB.
You're right. I found what I was shown and what they told me. This is from the current Terms & Conditions posted online at Sprint. I'm more worried about the data than the voice, but if I need to pay because of an emergency situation, believe me I'll pay. The 800 I remembered was minutes, and not data.

["Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 100 or 300 megabytes or (based on plan terms) a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. Sprint As You Go™
— Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 400 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network."]

ETA - I edited my original post for accuracy and to point to this post for the terms.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has a history of making deals with the devil. I put up with them for 9 years, woke up, and switched to T-Mobile. I'm very happy with that decision.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

from the Elegance

I love my Note 4, but I'm waiting to see the final versions of the Moto X Pure and the next LG G?. I may choose to switch, but, if I'm not impressed, I'll keep my Note 4 until something comes out that exceeds its features.