Do you use your IR blaster?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I use my IR blaster daily for remote to my home TV/Roku, work TV, TV at my mothers house. It's amazing and useful.
I can't imagine why they wouldn't include it on a new device.
Do you use your IR blaster on your N4?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried to but it wasn't any better than my current 3 controllers I use and lacked some functions. So, no, I don't. I don't want to add a fourth controller that doesn't quite do everything I need.

Maybe I just needed a better TV/Fioptics app? Didn't spend much time on it to research.

Never did use it with my previous smartphones.

The last time I truly depended on an IR port was back in my PDA days (Handspring Visor, Sony Clié) etc. That was a fun time!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I also use the Galaxy remote app referenced in the post above. Love it. Extremely customizable. Developer can provide special codes if needed. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
That app sounds like it could be useful. Do you know if it can learn a command from another remote and incorporate it in a macro?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I use mine all the time for TV and set top boxes at home (sometimes randomly at work or in shops for fun also).
Use the Peel Smart Remote app that came pre-installed. Works very well. I don't get all the functions of the remotes that come with my home devices but one thing it is great for is seeing what's on as opposed to reading text on TV. So I look at what's on and press the one I want to watch and I'm there. What's not to like? Retrograde step to drop it from latest Samsung phones (along with sealed battery and no SD card).

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
It works great in restaurants when your relatives go on and on about how great their IPhone is. Changing the volume or channel usually shuts them up :)

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use my IR blaster daily for remote to my home TV/Roku, work TV, TV at my mothers house. It's amazing and useful.
I can't imagine why they wouldn't include it on a new device.
Do you use your IR blaster on your N4?

I utilize it every now and then.

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use mine all the time for TV and set top boxes at home (sometimes randomly at work or in shops for fun also).
Use the Peel Smart Remote app that came pre-installed. Works very well. I don't get all the functions of the remotes that come with my home devices but one thing it is great for is seeing what's on as opposed to reading text on TV. So I look at what's on and press the one I want to watch and I'm there. What's not to like? Retrograde step to drop it from latest Samsung phones (along with sealed battery and no SD card).

I use mine the same way. I don't really need a lot of functions. I use the guide to sort down to the shows I like to watch, which makes it quick and easy to find what I'm looking for.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
No, and the most annoying thing is when it automatically adds itself to the lock screen.

Just a gimmick for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I forgot the note 4 even had one until everyone started complaining that it wasn't going to be brought back for the note 5

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time. There are many times when my remote us over there and I'm over here.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I do. Not everyday but I use it at least a few times a week. I don't watch a lot of TV though. I find it very useful since I have my phone on me all the time.

Sent from my Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz