09-09-2015 03:34 PM
40 12
tools
    Look at it side by side and tell me it doesn't take design cues from the iPhone 6+. NORMALLY we in the Android realm are mature enough to admit when phone manufacturers have copied the look of an Apple device. It happened with the HTC One, and now the newest Samsung devices. If you can't be man enough to admit it, that's no one's business but your own. But don't get all hissy because other people can admit it.
    Physically it does resemble an Iphone design and a lot phones are looking more similar but in regards to software and performance, Apple doesn't even come close.
    08-18-2015 01:28 PM
    Physically it does resemble an Iphone design and a lot phones are looking more similar but in regards to software and performance, Apple doesn't even come close.
    Look at it side by side and tell me it doesn't take design cues from the iPhone 6+. NORMALLY we in the Android realm are mature enough to admit when phone manufacturers have copied the look of an Apple device. It happened with the HTC One, and now the newest Samsung devices. If you can't be man enough to admit it, that's no one's business but your own. But don't get all hissy because other people can admit it.
    There are similarities but how many iPhones have the ability to add different launchers, icon packs etc etc?

Now I'm not getting one because my Note 4 is still a good phone and I don't see enough reason to upgrade., well maybe if it gave me a massage.....
    boudicca00 likes this.
    08-18-2015 01:50 PM
    I didn't compare it to the iPhone in regards to software. I compared it visually. That's why I said: "If that was what I wanted out of my phone, i'd get an iPhone 6+."

The point is, I buy my devices based on their functionality and performance. Not based on how pretty they will look while I take selfies. Samsung CLEARLY was only concerned about the aesthetics of the Note 5 and not the actual functionality. I blame all the people on here for the last five years who constantly gave Samsung crap for using plastic. Now those same idiots are crying because Samsung listened to them and are overly focused on looks and appearance.
    Brian W1 likes this.
    08-18-2015 02:18 PM
    There are similarities but how many iPhones have the ability to add different launchers, icon packs etc etc?

Now I'm not getting one because my Note 4 is still a good phone and I don't see enough reason to upgrade., well maybe if it gave me a massage.....
    I wasn't talking about software. Lord, people. Read my original post. Obviously Apple doesn't even hold a candle to Android in terms of software functionality.
    08-18-2015 02:19 PM
    Then move on enjoy the new Inote 5 instead of repeating the same thing over and over again.

Also paragraphs would really help reading such long postings.

Personally I am done with Samsung and it doesn't matter how many pr tricks, viral marketers and lies they'll push out in the coming weeks Samsung has lost their way. The only difference between a note 5 and the IPhone 6 is the note has the better operating system in Android otherwise it's just another slippery as hell form over function phone, so an Inote.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    08-18-2015 02:21 PM
    Just pre ordered my galaxy note 5 i get it guys no micro sd card but come on who cares...
    You're entitled to your opinion, but if no one cared, there wouldn't be threads like this one.
    08-18-2015 03:00 PM
    What are the major perks to the Note 5? Isn't the 4 just as good, if not better?

Sent from my space ship using Tapatalk
    The screen off notes is a nice perk.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    08-18-2015 04:48 PM
    Played around with the display model at my local AT&T store. Its nice, but I prefer the design of the Note 4 and will stick with that for now. Still love the fact that I can change the battery out... :-D Going to be hard to let that go!
    08-18-2015 08:45 PM
    I wanted a premium built phone with the best camera, fingerprint scanner that works, no lag, great battery life and that doesn't run ios. Note 5 is perfect.
    I have a s6 active also if I want rugged and water resistant. That's for my outdoor camping weekends.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-18-2015 08:51 PM
    Yeah look at the bezel first before you talk

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2015 12:39 AM
    As you can see from my phone history, I have owned phones with non-removable batteries. Within 6 months on each phone, I found the battery life insufficient for my needs (which, admittedly, are probably heavier than many other users' needs).

I'm not going back to that. I'm just not. A year of battery anxiety in meetings was enough for me to look at anything with a sealed battery (including the Nexus 6, which I actually pre-ordered then canceled because I realized it was just another iteration of the Moto X) and have a big ol' helping of "NOPE!" with a side of nopelsauce.

The Note 4 is my first Samsung phone. Moving the back button to the right side drove be crazy for about a month. I am not a big fan of touchwiz, but I learned to like it. It's actually not that bad once you get used to it. I hate the delay in getting OS updates. I fell in love with s-pen, but it's one of many factors in my next phone.

Point is, the Note 4 is a compromise. It was the best available large-screen phone with a battery I could swap out available at the time. It has several features like S-pen that I like and make the Note 5 more desirable to me. But not "more desirable" enough to give up a battery I can swap.

I gave up Moto X's take on voice activation, their "twist and shoot" camera feature, smart unlock (which works with on the Moto X series with MobileIron but not on the Note 4), fast OS updates, their quirky startup animations and 3D immersive films, and a bunch of other things to get a swappable battery back. If it comes down to it, I'll give up S-pen for the same reason.
    08-19-2015 09:18 AM
    Played around with the display model at my local AT&T store. Its nice, but I prefer the design of the Note 4 and will stick with that for now. Still love the fact that I can change the battery out... :-D Going to be hard to let that go!
    Well, I did it....I bought the Note 5....we'll see how it goes... Can't believe I did this. Still have my Note 4 though, just in case!
    nahoku likes this.
    08-27-2015 06:56 PM
    Any updates on the Note5?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 07:57 AM
    I swear, it always cracks me up reading these threads. I have my own opinions and I think I'm going to leave them out from now on. Can't wait for the Note 6!
    09-03-2015 05:36 PM
    The Note 5 looks awesome but if that's what I wanted out of a phone I would have bought the iPhone 6+. I have no interest in the iNote 5. They took everything that makes the Note a Note (minus the S pen), and removed it. I'm actually surprised that they left the S pen. I was worried about the Note 5 coming out because I was certain i'd have phone envy and still another year with my Note 4 before I upgraded. But now i'm so glad that I don't have to worry about phone envy for at least another year.

I'm sure the Note 5 will be a great phone. But so is the Moto X and Nexus 6 but there's a reason I didn't get those either.
    100% agree with you

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-09-2015 03:34 PM
40 12