Tried to trade for a 6 plus, told my phone looks beat up and I kept in a case almost a year.

The bottom get scratched wayyy too easily,even in a case.

Drops the retail value since it looks tacky.

Just a quick rant.
    08-14-2015 11:00 AM
    Tried to trade for a 6 plus, told my phone looks beat up and I kept in a case almost a year.

The bottom get scratched wayyy too easily,even in a case.

Drops the retail value since it looks tacky.

Just a quick rant.
    Had a verus case on mine from new. Taken it off, not a mark, looks brand new.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 05:58 AM
    UAG case since day one. Not a single scratch.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    08-15-2015 07:39 AM
    The chamfered edges do get scratched up easily just from taking cases on and off. How bad depends on the case though. I have not had the actual painted metal edge get scratched though at all. I really think it depends on the case. I've used Spigen and Tech 21.

Sent from my Note 4
    08-15-2015 07:59 AM
    I have not tried this but I thought I would share it.

Sent from my Note 4
    08-15-2015 08:03 AM
    Took my case off while in the car had it on the seat, slid down between the seat ant it put a small gouge in the side. I smoothed out on marble and its barely noticeable. These Note 4s are not made to be out of a case.

08-16-2015 09:06 AM
    The chamfered edges do get scratched up easily just from taking cases on and off. How bad depends on the case though. I have not had the actual painted metal edge get scratched though at all. I really think it depends on the case. I've used Spigen and Tech 21.

Sent from my Note 4
    I just use some polishing compound for jewelry and it makes those chamfered edges look like new.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-16-2015 09:26 AM
    I use the Samsung protective cover, I change cases once a week, that's the problem. I big deal, phone works fine just the edges are pretty beat up.
    08-16-2015 10:04 AM
    Change covers once a week?... Woah...
    08-16-2015 03:26 PM
    I purchased the tech 21 cover and I've taken it off quite a fee timed and no scratches. It is quite pricey but worth every cent. Protects the phone on another level

cwbcpa likes this.
    08-31-2015 12:53 PM
    I purchased the tech 21 cover and I've taken it off quite a fee timed and no scratches. It is quite pricey but worth every cent. Protects the phone on another level

I have the Tech 21 as well. Great case and easy to take off and put back on. I swap the battery once per day on average so I have to have a case that's easy to remove. I do have light scratches on the chamfered edges but they were there from a prior owner. I'm not sure what case they used. Doesn't bother me. The rest of the phone is perfect.

Sent from my Note 4
    08-31-2015 02:16 PM
    You gotta admit, Samsung did a really nice job of adhering two useless thin metal strips to the plastic frame.

The bad part is Samsung "misrepresented" the strips in their advertising by saying the Note 4 has a "metal frame".

It DOESN'T... the "frame" is PLASTIC! Uhhh... with little scratch-able metal strips!

Just my quick rant!
    08-31-2015 05:11 PM