Samsung Note 4 screen locked after Lollipop update

kvl7Z4

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I performed the Lollipop update Aug 14, 2015 on my Samsung Note4 . Throughout the day, the phone would screen lock when texting but would restart by pressing back key. On Aug 16 - my phone completely locked without warning and I can no longer get in at all. I use fingerprint security - it does not recognize that I am swiping a fingerprint - tells me I've reached 5, or 10 swipes and to wait for 30 seconds to retry. I've tried entering back up password, and it does not recognize it- tells me I'm swiping. I've tried Restart, Full Power off with battery pull - no luck - still locked. I remote locked the phone through Android Device Management, I see the message I input on Android Device Management, but the new password does not work - phone still thinks I am swiping fingerprint but it won't recognize that I am swiping- . Anyone else experiencing this? Am i facing a factory reset here?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

A factory reset may be required...however, I would first contact Samsung or your carrier to see if they can provide assistance.