If the note 4 came with no s pen would you still use it?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No. The S Pen is a big reason why the Note is a Note and not just some oversized phone.

It's also why the Note is one of my favorite phone lines due to its sheer power for productivity.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. If asked the same question a 2 or 3 years ago I would say maybe but now there are other great choices for big phones. The main reason to get the Note 4 or 5 is for the S-Pen. I use it daily and when I'm using a phone without it, I definitely miss it.

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I got a Note8 to try this s pen thing I'd read about. Liked it so much when it was phone upgrade time I got a Note2. Switched carriers and got a G2. I didn't really miss the s pen because I used my Note8 more because the G2 screen was a smidge too small for my eyes, even though it actually had 1/16" more usable screen than the Note2. T-Mobile didn't work out so I used the excuse of switching carriers again to get the Note4. I use my Note8 about 3-4 times a month now, the Note4 screen is just fine for seeing things when my eyes are tired or allergies are kicking.
If someone else makes a phone with an electronic stylus pen I'll look hard at them. If not I see a Note6 in my future, mostly for the s pen.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

John Nemesh

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I RARELY use the pen. I bought the Note 4 for a few reasons...VR support, large screen, excellent battery life... Dont get me wrong, I HAVE used the pen, and love it when I need to jot down a quick note, but it's not the main reason I bought it.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's funny, one of the reasons I got the Note 4 was for the s-pen features, but I hardly use it. I forget its there sometimes. I got the Note 4 mainly for the battery life and the internal memory size. The S4, and S5 only had 16gbs of memory. I needed 32gbs. My next phone will definitely need 64gbs, and hopefully an s-pen.

tn.guy

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes... I have owned a note 2, 3, and 4. Mainly cause I'm getting older and with the Notes I can enlarge FONT SIZE and read well with such a large screen. Rarely do I use the pen. Averaging 2-3 days on a single charge without any issues. I held a new 5 but the removal of SD card, keeps me from getting one.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes... I have owned a note 2, 3, and 4. Mainly cause I'm getting older and with the Notes I can enlarge FONT SIZE and read well with such a large screen. Rarely do I use the pen. Averaging 2-3 days on a single charge without any issues. I held a new 5 but the removal of SD card, keeps me from getting one.
No Note 2, but same here, except that I use the he[[ out of the sPen. Never want to be without it again. I love the real estate, extSD, removable battery, and the pen of all the includes. Anything beyond that is icing. Best phone out there until they removed the extSD and removable battery.

No attacking opinions necessary. JMO folks. Not trying to tell you what you need or should buy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy