I was curious, will the Note 4 get Samsung Pay? Or is it only Galaxy S6 and higher?
    08-16-2015 04:03 PM
    I think it would be a big mistake for Samsung not to include older phones. Can you imagine the loss? The Note 4 and others will be able to use it.
    08-16-2015 05:13 PM
    I was thinking it was something in the hardware that supports Samsung Pay, therefore older phones won't be able to use it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-16-2015 08:06 PM
    Did the note 4 get TouchWiz themes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk
    08-18-2015 08:05 PM
    Not interested in it, don't trust it,
    sorry not for me!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2015 02:49 PM
    You should be able to use Samsung Pay the same as you'd use Android Pay. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the "tap at any register" feature, because as far as I know, that relies on hardware in the newer devices.

Of course, the technology Samsung uses is LoopPay, which can be purchased separately.
    09-29-2015 07:44 AM
    Older phones can't be included, they do not have the technology and hardware to operate Samsung Pay.
    09-29-2015 10:45 AM
    But if I buy the new S2 and use it with my Note 4, will I be able to...

09-30-2015 10:59 AM
    But if I buy the new S2 and use it with my Note 4, will I be able to...

Doubt it, haven't heard that you can. You have to put the device with the MST over the terminal.
    09-30-2015 11:05 AM
    So I guess the question then becomes will Samsung eventually adopt older hardware into Samsung Pay without the MST feature and just have the NFC based tap to pay option available for those devices?

Personally I don't care . . I'm rooted so I'm not using either Android Pay or Samsung Pay . . .
    09-30-2015 06:14 PM
    So I guess the question then becomes will Samsung eventually adopt older hardware into Samsung Pay without the MST feature and just have the NFC based tap to pay option available for those devices?

Personally I don't care . . I'm rooted so I'm not using either Android Pay or Samsung Pay . . .
    Doubt it, using MST is why Samsung Pay is superior and why vendors don't have to pay to accept it, like Android and Apple Pay require.
    09-30-2015 06:42 PM
    I agree that MST is a significant advantage but I also wonder if there'd be considerations to be made regarding whether or not banks would support it if the target audience is limited rather than adopting the older tech to bring in a bigger group immediately.

IMO it's unlikely too, from Samsung's perspecive . . fact of the matter is, MST adds value to the current flagships so leave Samsung Pay closed so that people have a reason to upgrade to the new devices.
    09-30-2015 09:53 PM
    I agree that MST is a significant advantage but I also wonder if there'd be considerations to be made regarding whether or not banks would support it if the target audience is limited rather than adopting the older tech to bring in a bigger group immediately.

IMO it's unlikely too, from Samsung's perspecive . . fact of the matter is, MST adds value to the current flagships so leave Samsung Pay closed so that people have a reason to upgrade to the new devices.
    I expect Samsung to be selling the technology to others. Also Samsung has the market share outside of the US, good chance they will be putting this in all their new phones. It could go like electronic payments have gone, at first just a handful did it, then it suddenly became the norm.
    09-30-2015 10:44 PM