Will the Note 4 get Marshmallow?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I imagine it will be announced that it will. Announcing it, and delivering it is a different story. We might get it after the two years is up, but who knows. I still don't even have 5.1 so I am not too worried about 6.0.

Honestly, unless the next version of Android finally handles battery life better, I don't really care about it. To me, battery life is the only massive place for improvement and everything else is just little bumps here and there in specs, improvements, etc. Battery life is where the potential is. And i'm sick of hearing about Project Volta and then getting it and seeing no difference whatsoever.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Any word on if note 4 will get marshmallow?

Posted via the Android Central App
Yeah, it probably will.

Probably only next year though, do not hold your breath mate, thats all I can say when it comes to Samsung.

If the Note5 and S6 Edge+ get Marshmallow this year I will be shocked, let alone the Note 4.

Sent from my GALAXY Note 4 +128GB MicroSDXC

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Should I give up hope that my Note 4 will get the latest Lollipop or Marshmallow?

Should I give up hope that my Note 4 will get the latest Lollipop or Marshmallow?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I give up hope that my Note 4 will get the latest Jelly Bean or Marshmallow?

Jelly Bean?

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
IDK, little tired of being stuck at 5.0.1

Same here, but I'm sure we'll get it... eventually.

The whole updating situation with the Galaxy Note 4 was badly treated by both Sammy and Carriers. The moment Note 4 came out, with Android L being delayed till April-May of this year.. Then it releases full of memory leaks and battery hogging (mobile data)

Sigh.. This is why I'm afraid of buying another Note phone..

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should I give up hope that my Note 4 will get the latest Lollipop or Marshmallow?

I doubt Sammy cares much for the Note 4 now that the 5 is being released.

I'm still surprised that my old S4 go the Lollipop update a few months before the Note 4.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I give up hope that my Note 4 will get the latest Lollipop or Marshmallow?

With how much Samsung is turning away from the Note power users, I have a theory that they will try to do everything in their power to make the Note 4 undesirable while touting the Note 5. Not just because it's a new product, but they will most certainly want to play up the fact that you don't NEED an SD Card or Removable battery in a Note device.

I cannot for the life of me understand how they can push the Note 5 while still maintaining the Note 4 without scalping their own profits. How do you emphasize the points of a device that has expandable storage and removable battery AND emphasize the points of a device that does not at the same time? Either Samsung will have to hire someone to lead marketing that has a raging case of Schizophrenia, or they will have to completely embrace the future they have chosen which is style over function. Which leaves the Note 4 and it's owners in the dump.

This tells me that we should all find ways to be happy with 5.0.1 or MAYBE 5.1. Even if we do someday get 6.0, it will be next year at this time, or when we do get it I highly doubt it will be a polished version.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My Note 4 is running great on 5.0.1 so I'm not too worried about it. You never know what will happen when that update installs. It's not that I don't want it, but I'm happy with what I have so I'm not in a hurry.

Sent from my Note 4

radiohawk

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and have 5.1.1 on my Note 4

Same here... And is improved acting stable, after 5 and 5.01 seemingly alpha and beta versions that should probably have never been widely released. Hoping for Marshmallow reasonably quick. And if the privacy (app permission) controls do exist note 4 may be the last phone I buy for a long time given the direction things are heading.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

The Note 4 has the newest version of Lollipop 5.1.1 and there is no reason to think it wouldn't get Marshmallow. I see it as a no brainer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1