Will the Note 4 get Marshmallow?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I give up hope that my Note 4 will get the latest Lollipop or Marshmallow?

It's a carrier issue, not Samsung. T-Mobile, my carrier, hasn't released the 5.1.1 update yet, for instance.

True. However my point is still valid regardless of who takes the fault for it. Regardless of who's fault it is, I still wish my Note had the most recent Lollipop version. Someone else made it sound like Note 4's all had it, when only a few do.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Should I give up hope that my Note 4 will get the latest Lollipop or Marshmallow?

True. However my point is still valid regardless of who takes the fault for it. Regardless of who's fault it is, I still wish my Note had the most recent Lollipop version. Someone else made it sound like Note 4's all had it, when only a few do.

I just checked with TMO and the 5.1.1 update is rolling out right now. As is normal carrier practice, it's rolling out in batches. So look for it to arrive on your Note 4 in a few days or so.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I just checked with TMO and the 5.1.1 update is rolling out right now. As is normal carrier practice, it's rolling out in batches. So look for it to arrive on your Note 4 in a few days or so.

Where'd you check? Link?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Where'd you check? Link?
I went online via my TMO account and had a chat with a rep. One user commented in another forum that he just bought a N4 and it had 5.1.1 loaded. I asked if it was being rolled out now to current devices. After checking, the rep said that it is, indeed, being rolled out now in batches.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I just upgraded my husbands Note 2 to a Note 4 a few days ago (Verizon) and I was not happy that it already had Lollipop! It is 5.0.1! I have been deferring the Lollipop update on my Note 4 for 2 months now!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If only I had T Mobile......I have AT&T

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I made a SMORE out of my Note 4 so now it has a Marshmallow :D :p

AlyarbankHQZ

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Me too. And the Fingerprint scanner went insane and locked me out. I factory reset and recovered, only to get the same sort of trouble after three days use. Only this time my Backup Password actually works for unlocking the screen, but don't work to access Fingerprint scanner settings! There's some problems with my gyroscope too. I first noticed the screen rotation started to act weird (Some apps weren't effected). I lost some important data as a result of this. Now I have to do another reset and leave the Fingerprint scanner disabled...

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just read about Google addressing a "battery draining bug" in Lollipop to be released in MM. If so, then it's very likely that all phones running LP will get updated to MM to fix the bug. Or, they will push a bug fix. My vote is that the Note 4 will definitely get MM. Time will tell

LINK

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Frankly, I was happy with Kit Kat and I'm satisfied with Lollipop. I'm in no hurry for another change.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My Note 4 is running great on 5.0.1 so I'm not too worried about it. You never know what will happen when that update installs. It's not that I don't want it, but I'm happy with what I have so I'm not in a hurry.

Sent from my Note 4

I'm in the same boat. I got 5.0.1 the day I got my phone last week and am pretty satisfied with it.

Go to bed with a full charge and wake up eight hours later at 8am with 97% currently sitting at 52% at 1.29am. Nova prime and clean master keeps the phone lean and snappy.

I'll sit back and wait to hear reports before I make the leap.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you get it on jump and how much was it out the door if you don't mind me asking? I'm on T-Mobile and have a jump but despite the great reviews the 5 is getting I need my phone to have zero lemon batteries and it would be the first upgrade to the 4. I have a 3 now and I'm actually still enjoying it.

Posted via the Android Central App