T-Mobile is pushing out 5.1.1 now.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
According to TMO, the 5.1.1 update is being pushed out now. As is carrier practice, it's being rolled out in batches. So, it you don't already have it, you should have it available in a few days or so.

GTAXL

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
5.1.1 for the Note 4? Where did you hear this from? Did you get it on yours? If so how's the update, has it improved the RAM management issue and lag issues everyone says lollipop destroyed the Note 4. I'm looking to get a Note 4 soon due to S-Pen, SD card slot, and removable battery. Yet I'm hearing everywhere that it lags hardcore after lollipop. :S Hope someone gives a review of the 5.1.1 update on Note 4.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
5.1.1 for the Note 4? Where did you hear this from? Did you get it on yours? If so how's the update, has it improved the RAM management issue and lag issues everyone says lollipop destroyed the Note 4. I'm looking to get a Note 4 soon due to S-Pen, SD card slot, and removable battery. Yet I'm hearing everywhere that it lags hardcore after lollipop. :S Hope someone gives a review of the 5.1.1 update on Note 4.

Here's how I found this info. I noticed in another post that someone who purchased a new Note 4 from the T-Mobile store just a couple of days ago, and that it was pre-loaded with 5.1.1. After checking for the available update and being notified that my phone was up to date, I contacted TMO via chat. I asked if 5.1.1 had been released and if was available to current users. After checking, the rep informed me that it is being pushed out now in batches (normal procedure). I still don't have it, which is not unusual during batch releases. So it may be several more days before me and other users receive it. When I get it, I'll post my thoughts about it. BTW, any lag can mostly be attributed to TouchWiz, as I understand it. I use the Nova Prime launcher, which keeps any lag to a minimum.

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I found this info. I noticed in another post that someone who purchased a new Note 4 from the T-Mobile store just a couple of days ago, and that it was pre-loaded with 5.1.1. After checking for the available update and being notified that my phone was up to date, I contacted TMO via chat. I asked if 5.1.1 had been released and if was available to current users. After checking, the rep informed me that it is being pushed out now in batches (normal procedure). I still don't have it, which is not unusual during batch releases. So it may be several more days before me and other users receive it. When I get it, I'll post my thoughts about it. BTW, any lag can mostly be attributed to TouchWiz, as I understand it. I use the Nova Prime launcher, which keeps any lag to a minimum.

5.1.1 is for the N910T3.

The N910T is still on 5.0.1.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I saw this mentioned on redit the other day. N910T vs N910T3 and the T3 having 5.1.1 with some mentioning it has better signal reception and runs smoother.

Anybody with additional info about this care to chime in. Please. I'm wanting a note 4 but holding off till 5.1.1 is released and now I'm concerned about 2 variants.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I saw this mentioned on redit the other day. N910T vs N910T3 and the T3 having 5.1.1 with some mentioning it has better signal reception and runs smoother.

Anybody with additional info about this care to chime in. Please. I'm wanting a note 4 but holding off till 5.1.1 is released and now I'm concerned about 2 variants.

Unfortunately, I just checked with a tech at TMO who confirmed that there are two Note 4s; the 910T and 910T3 (which is the most recently manufactured version). He explained that since the phone is still being produced (T3), and that 5.1.1 was cleared for the Note 4, the update was installed at production. So it's not being pushed out yet to the 910T, which was manufactured earlier. There is no date for it being pushed to the T. Confused? Me too. Since the techs haven’t been given the release date yet, we owners who have the earlier production models will have to wait a little longer. Sorry for passing along info that isn't so yet. Ach! Carriers!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

If you buy it now, it should be a 910T3, which will have 5.1.1. Just make sure it is before you sign the paper.

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I have both a 910T and 910T3.

My short comparison between the two with my 910T having a new OEM battery and having been factory restored vs my new 910T3 new out of box:

910T3 = smoother - seems to flow better, cooler running - doesn't heat up like my 910T does while multitasking or watching videos, longer lasting battery, instant recents, NO ROOT without loosing wifi calling & VoLTE.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I just checked with a tech at TMO who confirmed that there are two Note 4s; the 910T and 910T3 (which is the most recently manufactured version). He explained that since the phone is still being produced (T3), and that 5.1.1 was cleared for the Note 4, the update was installed at production. So it's not being pushed out yet to the 910T, which was manufactured earlier. There is no date for it being pushed to the T. Confused? Me too. Since the techs haven’t been given the release date yet, we owners who have the earlier production models will have to wait a little longer. Sorry for passing along info that isn't so yet. Ach! Carriers!

Interesting, i have a co-worker who got a note 3 -- EDIT -Note 4 not note 3, sorry -- less then a week ago new from TMO store and its a N910T. He is on 5.0.1

Guess stores with higher volume may have the N910T3 units..

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, i have a co-worker who got a note 3 less then a week ago new from TMO store and its a N910T. He is on 5.0.1

Guess stores with higher volume may have the N910T3 units..
You mean Note 4, right? If he got the 910T, it was an earlier manufactured device. The newly made models are designated 910T3. That's why my warning to make sure the model has the 910T3 designation be you purchase. The 910T will get the update, but just not right now.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im trying to buy a N910T3 from Tmobile and i need to confirm if it says N910T3 on the outside of the box where the IMEI, SN HW stickers are.
There were 4 in the store i went to and all had Model as N910T UD with H/W Version 1.1
So to me its a regular N910T and Not a T3.. They wont actually open the phone up unless I buy it. And i dont want to buy it unless its a confirmed T3.
So to the people who have one, what did the outside of the box say?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Im trying to buy a N910T3 from Tmobile and i need to confirm if it says N910T3 on the outside of the box where the IMEI, SN HW stickers are.
There were 4 in the store i went to and all had Model as N910T UD with H/W Version 1.1
So to me its a regular N910T and Not a T3.. They wont actually open the phone up unless I buy it. And i dont want to buy it unless its a confirmed T3.
So to the people who have one, what did the outside of the box say?
I received my TMOBILE Note 4 replacement phone few days ago. Can anyone tell me the differences between 5.0? I noticed that it's a bit faster...anything else?

Attachments

• 1440994783476.jpg
    1440994783476.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I received my TMOBILE Note 4 replacement phone few days ago. Can anyone tell me the differences between 5.0? I noticed that it's a bit faster...anything else?

You have the latest version of Lollipop, 5.1.1. It's only available on the T-Mobile 910T3, which is the most recently produced Note 4. Those of us who have the earlier produced 910T are still waiting for the 5.1.1 update. We're still on 5.0.1. 5.1.1 includes fixes and improvements over the earlier versions.

Posted via Android Central App