broken charging port

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Whoops I broke the charging port. At&t 2 yr contract. Had phone since november. Phone is from a good batch. Zero issues except user error (phone fell to floor while on charging cable)

Posted via the Android Central App

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear (unless you want to upgrade). Switch to wireless charging. I don't use my port for anything unless absolutely necessary. Too vulnerable - one of the weakest parts IMO.Even have wireless charger in car (cheap plate on usb).

savuth

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Do you have any idea, how much does it cost for the wireless charge in your country? please let me have your idea. Of course, different countries different price, but at least I have an idea. THANKS

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Depends on where you buy and what country you're in for shipping, etc. For instance, for my Note 3 I got chargers (not receivers) off of ebay for as little as $17.00USD. Amazon has them, too, but may not be available to buy in some countries. Sometimes you can finds specials, too. I paid more for others (business owner here) and less for others with a special. These are popular now so many sites will have them discounted sometimes, depending. Receivers are the other part. Note 4 is not wireless charging ready without either a receiver or a wireless charging back cover. The back covers here are around $30.00 and a good receiver can be had for between $10.00 and $15.00. Fifteen dollars is high. When I had a receiver in my Note 3, I think I paid about $12.00. It died when my battery blew a cell so I switched to the wireless charging back cover.

Long answer. Sorry. Hope it helps.