08-23-2015 12:16 PM
45 12
tools
    Power & Volume Down pulls up the normal restarting menu on my Note4. What do you do when the buttons are non-responsive?
    Power button and Volume down shuts down the S6 and Note 5 when they are not responsive. Doesn't work on the Note 4.
    08-21-2015 12:09 PM
    Hands down the best response I've ever read
    08-21-2015 12:24 PM
    Power button and Volume down shuts down the S6 and Note 5 when they are not responsive. Doesn't work on the Note 4.
    I just tried the volume down and power button combo on my Note 4 and it worked. Of course the phone wasn't unresponsive at the time. You do have to hold the buttons for several seconds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 12:29 PM
    I just tried the volume down and power button combo on my Note 4 and it worked. Of course the phone wasn't unresponsive at the time. You do have to hold the buttons for several seconds.

This is how you do the hard shutdown. It will power the phone off as it makes the hardware reset -- not waiting on the software that is frozen like you suggested.
    08-21-2015 02:11 PM
    Oh my sister has had every iPhone, never had a battery problem.
    That's so awesome for your sister. I bought my Note 4 on release day and had to replace the battery in March because it was toast. I don't know what happened to it but it took a dive hard and the only thing that helped was to replace it. I was thanking my lucky stars that my battery was removable at that time. I also had a battery go south on my Galaxy S3 after I owned it for 7-8 months.

I love Samsung phones, but I wouldn't buy one with a sealed battery. All this topic proves is that everyone has different experiences and there's nothing wrong with preference. I only wish your sister's experience was my own.
    08-21-2015 02:17 PM
    That's so awesome for your sister. I bought my Note 4 on release day and had to replace the battery in March because it was toast. I don't know what happened to it but it took a dive hard and the only thing that helped was to replace it. I was thanking my lucky stars that my battery was removable at that time. I also had a battery go south on my Galaxy S3 after I owned it for 7-8 months.

I love Samsung phones, but I wouldn't buy one with a sealed battery. All this topic proves is that everyone has different experiences and there's nothing wrong with preference. I only wish your sister's experience was my own.
    I've had all S line Samsungs except the S4 and the regular S6 and all the Note line. I've never replaced a battery. Batterys cropping out are not the norm.
    08-21-2015 02:21 PM
    I've had all S line Samsungs except the S4 and the regular S6 and all the Note line. I've never replaced a battery. Batterys cropping out are not the norm.
    Oh I understand that. I've had a handful of other devices that performed flawlessly. I'm just saying that when it happens, it's a much better scenario to have a removable one. And since i've had two Samsung devices with that issue, I wont buy another one with a sealed battery. My Nexus 5 had a sealed battery and never had a problem. I just prefer options. That's why I am with Android instead of Apple. I don't think people have to "build their case" as to why they want options and choices with their device. Offering removable battery and expandable storage gives the user the choice.
    bgbagz likes this.
    08-21-2015 02:24 PM
    It was that ability to have options that led me to move back to Android after a year and half with an iPhone 4s.

08-21-2015 02:58 PM
    There isn't that much difference in battery size.. Why 8 months? Already it has been shown to be just as good as the N4 battery time or better.
    The more you use the more the battery degrades. Most rechargeable batteries have about about a life of about 500-800 cycles .... Number of times they can be charged before you see thier performance degrade... So eight months..

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    D Android likes this.
    08-21-2015 09:43 PM
    Are you saying that the battery will only last 8 months? It's funny how people are downing the sealed battery with all these assumptions. I guess all those people with phones with sealed batteries better be scared. Like all the iPhone people, iPad owners, Nexus 6 owners, 99% of tablet owners, HTC owners, Moto owners.... You see where I'm going with this?
    Yep... That's what I am saying...
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

08-21-2015 09:49 PM
    I was mad about the no sd card too in the 5, but after researching for so long. I had to say goodbye to my Note 4 today. 64Gb black sapphire 5 on AT&T. Loving everything about it so far. As far as battery life goes, I upgraded my Note 4 after only 10 months (yearly upgrades) and will prob do the same next Summer for the Note 6...But so far after the first day its on par with my Note 4. Love that wireless charging is built in where as with my 4 I had to buy the back cover Qi charger.

debdroid1a and Kelly Kearns like this.
    08-21-2015 09:52 PM
    We traded in an iPhone 4 at T-Mobile two weeks ago when we switched over. It was bought when released. The battery is just as great as when new. It was released in June 2010 according to the search I just did.
    You my friend have what they call a Unicorn.. A very rare thing... Some may even say they don't exist... But I see them especially when I ....

08-21-2015 09:58 PM
    Just to chime in on the battery issue. My sister had an Iphone 5c c for crap according to her, then upgraded to a Sprint Iphone 6. With both IPhones, she's always charging her phone. Now she uses it a lot, and I'm no power user, but I still use my Note 4 a lot. I can go all day and maybe be in the low 50% range and sometimes in the 40% battery range. I charge overnight every night, just out of habit. My sister is always low and having to charge her phone all the time.

So I agree, I think having the ability to swap a battery, frees you up more. So that is kind of a deal breaker for me on a Phone. On my Note 10.1, not so much. I use most nights and I charge every night. If I had to take everywhere with me, it might bother me, because it wouldn't last all day. A Phone I take everywhere with me, so that I need it to be free of charging all the time and lasting long with battery.
    08-22-2015 12:46 AM
    Yep... That's what I am saying...
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

And why would this battery be gone on 8 months and other sealed batteries aren't? Samsung selling a phone where the batteries are gone in 8 months is not profitable to them. These batteries aren't difderent than other batteries that aren't sealed, they just are sealed. I've never had a battery go in 8 months, ever.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-22-2015 11:26 AM
    You my friend have what they call a Unicorn.. A very rare thing... Some may even say they don't exist... But I see them especially when I ....

No actually, ever phone has been the same. I have never, ever had to replace a battery on any of the numerous phoned I have owned.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-22-2015 11:27 AM
    I have 2 unicorns right now, Note 4 and G2. My S3 was papa unicorn
    bgbagz and Kelly Kearns like this.
    08-22-2015 12:46 PM
    This is a hilarious thread.....
    I said "Well fellas, I am glad you are enjoying the N5... However... Come back to us 8 months when your battery life has been tested over time....... Let us know...."
    All I wanted to know is how will the N5 will perfoming in 8 months..... just give an honest assesement. I am not trying to predict the future . I should have been a lil more descriptive when I said "Yep... That's what I am saying... "
    All batteries degrade over time and I am inclined to believe the N5 may not be as successfull as N4. Only time will tell. so I picked the number 8. it seemed like a good even number. However if you want to go with 10 monthes I am cool with that to
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:16 PM
    Again, best shot of that phone I've seen! Back even nicer than front!

Wow! Do my eyes deceive me?! NO At&t branding? Is this a FIRST or am I just "out of the carrier logo" loop?!

BTC
    08-23-2015 06:26 AM
    Again, best shot of that phone I've seen! Back even nicer than front!

Wow! Do my eyes deceive me?! NO At&t branding? Is this a FIRST or am I just "out of the carrier logo" loop?!

BTC
    The lighting just made it vanish, its there in the shadow.
    08-23-2015 11:14 AM
    I have had the Note 5 since last Wed, and still use my Note 4. I was at Six Flags yesterday, used the Note 5 for pics and videos, it was down to 30% at 12p, so the Note 4 came to the rescue, with 2 spare batteries. My 64gb sd card came in handy as well. I have another week to play with the Note 5, really trying to keep it...

My 3 other friends with their IPhone
    6+ gave in to 20% by noon. Needless to say, we all used my Note 4 for the rest of the trip.
    08-23-2015 12:16 PM
45 12