Hi there. New to this so Im sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread....

I have a note 4 and never had problems with it before untill now. No matter what keyboard I use it is alwags messing up. When I am typing randomly it will switch over to the number and symbols page ... like I am pressing the button for it on the bottom left corner, which I am not. This is very frustrating because it is hard to type when it keeps switching over randomly all the time. I did an andriod software update a few days ago...not sure if that has to do with anythjng or not.... other then the keyboard I am not having trouble with the screen or anything. I've tried updating the keyboard apps and even the stock keyboard is doing the same thing ....

I hope someone out there could please help me.

Thank you.
    08-19-2015 07:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686
    08-19-2015 10:26 PM
    This worked for a couple of days. Then back to the old proble .
    08-24-2015 01:34 PM
    If it worked for a couple of days, then it sounds like it's probably software and not hardware.

You can try clearing application data for the various keyboards you use, but I'd move right to a factory reset unless you have a LOT of local data that you cannot afford to lose.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-24-2015 01:43 PM
    I also wonder if there might be some issue with phantom touches in that particular part of the screen where the number/symbols toggle key is. Does happen if you're using the keyboard in landscape orientation as well? If no, then I'd wonder about a problem with the digitizer in that particular area. If the problem persists in landscape, then I agree with natehoy, it's more likely a software issue.
    08-25-2015 10:58 AM