Note 4 vs Note 5 Battery tests.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Taken from

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Benchmark Beats Note 4, HTC One M9, iPhone 6 Plus In Battery Life Test

Here is the list of high-end devices and the corresponding battery life scores:

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active – 12 Hours 9 Minutes
Motorola DROID Turbo – 10 Hours 42 Minutes
Sony Xperia Z3 – 9 Hours 29 Minutes
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ – 9 Hours 29 Minutes
Samsung Galaxy Note5 – 9 Hours 11 Minutes
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – 8 Hours 43 min
Google Nexus 6 – 7 Hours 53 Minutes
Asus ZenFone 2 – 7 Hours 34 Minutes
Apple iPhone 6 Plus – 6 Hours 32 Minutes
HTC One M9 – 6 Hours 25 Minutes
LG G4 – 6 Hours 6 Minutes

So the Note 4 is not that much behind the Note 5 in Battery Performance. thought it would of been a lot better with a different processor.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So your not taking that as a big difference considering it has a smaller battery? I mean I know the actual times aren't that far off but considering its higher than the Note 4 and has a smaller battery...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So your not taking that as a big difference considering it has a smaller battery?

Well, what is being compared is net battery life with the designed battery. Overall, 28 minutes (or about a 6% increase in longevity) is nice, but no, I would not consider it a "big difference". It is a difference, and it's nice, but I wouldn't call it a "big" difference.

If I wanted a "big" difference, I'd slap a ZeroLemon or Hyperion into my Note 4 and get 18-24 hours.

Comparing overall efficiency, which is a separate but also important discussion, is a rosier picture for the Note 5, of course. The actual difference in battery draw (3000 mAh in 9.25 hours versus 3300 mAh in 8.75 hours) is about 15%.

Had the Note 5 been designed with the same 3300mAh battery the Note 4 had, it would have about 10h 45m of battery life.

THAT would have clearly qualified as a "big difference". Two hours of additional battery life is very significant.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd be all over that phone I'd they had put the rumored 4100 battery in it. Oh well... Saves me $850 for a phone I don't need!

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Taken from

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Benchmark Beats Note 4, HTC One M9, iPhone 6 Plus In Battery Life Test

Here is the list of high-end devices and the corresponding battery life scores:

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active – 12 Hours 9 Minutes
Motorola DROID Turbo – 10 Hours 42 Minutes
Sony Xperia Z3 – 9 Hours 29 Minutes
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ – 9 Hours 29 Minutes
Samsung Galaxy Note5 – 9 Hours 11 Minutes
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – 8 Hours 43 min
Google Nexus 6 – 7 Hours 53 Minutes
Asus ZenFone 2 – 7 Hours 34 Minutes
Apple iPhone 6 Plus – 6 Hours 32 Minutes
HTC One M9 – 6 Hours 25 Minutes
LG G4 – 6 Hours 6 Minutes

So the Note 4 is not that much behind the Note 5 in Battery Performance. thought it would of been a lot better with a different processor.

That must be under heavy load. I get a day to a day and half on my Note 4, so that would mean I should get about 2 days maybe more on a Note 5 or S6 Edge+.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That must be under heavy load. I get a day to a day and half on my Note 4, so that would mean I should get about 2 days maybe more on a Note 5 or S6 Edge+.

Yes, this is probably something similar to BatteryMark, where the screen is on at automated brightness in a set light level and it's doing something light on the CPU like playing a video. If you don't keep the screen on all the time, battery life can get a LOT better. And if you have the screen on in a brighter-lit area, are in a weak signal area, or use the CPU a lot, battery life can get a LOT worse.

It's just a somewhat consistent benchmark test to see how well a phone does out of the box under conditions consistent with other phones out of the box.