I'm pretty disappointing with the Note 5- I thought Samsung had struck a perfect balance with the Note 4, love how it is functional yet still good looking and feeling. All the function that was lost with the Note 5, combined with the really high price, leads me to ask- Should I upgrade to the Note 4 now? Only reason I don't already have it is because I was still under contract and it wasn't economically viable when it was launched. Will the Note 4 get slow in a year, year and a half or so? (I mean the Snapdragon 805 is still a beast...) Should I spring for say, the LG G4 and skip Samsung entirely? Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-21-2015 06:54 PM
    If you like the features of the note 4 better you should upgrade to it. I doubt it will slow down that quickly it still has very good specs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 07:07 PM
    It'll be fine. You'll also be able to find it for a decent price now that the 5 is available.
    08-21-2015 07:10 PM
    They're still producing the Note 4. And it looks like these newest manufactured models are pre-loaded with 5.1.1, at least the T-Mobile ones are (designated as 910T3). Plus, it will be getting Marshmallow when it's ready. So go ahead and pull the trigger.

08-21-2015 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll go for it. Quick question- will it be a better value to trade in my M8 and get a better deal for the Note 4 at my carrier (Telus, I live in Canada), or should I sell it online and use the funds for the Note 4?

08-21-2015 09:31 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll go for it. Quick question- will it be a better value to trade in my M8 and get a better deal for the Note 4 at my carrier (Telus, I live in Canada), or should I sell it online and use the funds for the Note 4?

Sell it privately.. Like on craigslist... Or what ever you guys have up there...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 11:02 PM
    OK sweet. EBay will probably do it, I've used it before to buy/sell devices and feel familiar with it.

08-22-2015 01:12 AM
    I don't understand all the hoopla about the Note 5 compared to the Note 4. The Note 4 came out about 11 months ago. It's by no means an "old" phone. Just because Samsung released a new Note in less than a year doesn't make the previous model obsolete!

I bought my Note 4 in Feb... and like I've stated elsewhere... it's still a baby!

Buy a Note 4 if you like what you see. That's all that matters.
    08-22-2015 06:12 AM
    Got my Note 4 when it first came out, two weeks later my wife wanted one, and we have been enjoying them ever since.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 06:46 AM
    I just got a note 4 last month. I'll keep it for another year and a half and see what samsung has at that point. Took advantage of the $200 rebate samsung was offering.

08-23-2015 01:23 PM
    I just got a note 4 last month. I'll keep it for another year and a half and see what samsung has at that point. Took advantage of the $200 rebate samsung was offering.
    How long did it take for you to get that rebate check? I got the email that my rebate had been approved a month ago and that I should expect to receive the check within 8 to 10 weeks. I was hoping it wouldn't really take that long.

Larry
    08-23-2015 03:24 PM
    I personally would wait to see what other devices are coming out. I wouldn't jump on the first thing I see. It's always good to keep your options open and then make a decision.

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤
    08-23-2015 04:09 PM
    Yeah I see what you mean. The thing is, I have waited for all the new devices- waited for the GS6, almost got it (poor battery life stopped me), waited on the G4, (still considering it) waited on the OnePlus 2 (will I ever get an invite?), waited for the Moto X (like it too, battery life is the concern), waited for the Note 5. Now that the Note is out and I don't like it, I'm evaluating my options! Not gonna bother to wait for the new Nexuses, not interesting in the big one and if the rumors are true and the smaller "Nexus 5" only has the SD 615 I won't get it.

08-23-2015 05:45 PM
    How long did it take for you to get that rebate check? I got the email that my rebate had been approved a month ago and that I should expect to receive the check within 8 to 10 weeks. I was hoping it wouldn't really take that long.

Larry
    I actually just got it this past Thursday.

08-23-2015 10:04 PM
    The note 4 is the first phone I've used that I'm so hesitant to upgrade from. I love this phone. I can upgrade anytime but I really don't care or want to.
    D Android likes this.
    08-24-2015 08:45 AM
    I'm a phonehopper. I'm sorely tempted to switch due to my AT&T Note 4's pretty bad GPS issues, but the rest of the phone is so darned good...
    08-24-2015 02:26 PM