06-19-2018 10:33 PM
35 12
tools
    honestly, I DO think this is an issue with lolipop since I don't think any of us had the problem prior to updating to llp
    11-04-2015 06:12 PM
    I had the same problem for a few months, got a new OEM battery and charger combo on Amazon. Under $30.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-04-2015 11:22 PM
    There are several other threads on this same subject.
    I have been looking through these threads.. its a battery problem, not lollipop. I am still running 4.4.4 kitkat on my galaxy note 4. Never had a problem until yesterday, it dropped from 51% to 15% and declined at a normal rate giving me all the warnings and stuff.
    02-04-2016 12:22 PM
    exactly the same problem here. From 24% to 0%.
    02-17-2016 12:06 AM
    I was sitting on my couch using my phone when it was at 24% battery, then all of a sudden it just powered off! I tried turning it back on to see that the battery was dead. This has never happened before and I've had my N4 since last October. I never let my battery get below 15% before charging it. Could I need a new battery? If I hadn't been home when this happened, I would've freaked. Has this happened to anyone else? I attached a pic, you can see what time it dropped.

Posted via my beautiful beast, the Galaxy Note 4.
    I know this post is more than a yeah old but I have a nexus 6p by hewei and it started doing this a few months ago. Just today shut off at +50% but after about 20 came back on. It's probably going to "die" again.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm sure as hell not paying for their **** up. Their old gaming console has me fed up with Microsoft.

Think I'll just go live a forest somewhere. The more technology advances, the more infuriated I generally become.
    10-28-2016 07:01 PM
    I know this post is more than a yeah old but I have a nexus 6p by hewei and it started doing this a few months ago. Just today shut off at +50% but after about 20 came back on. It's probably going to "die" again.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm sure as hell not paying for their **** up. Their old gaming console has me fed up with Microsoft.

Think I'll just go live a forest somewhere. The more technology advances, the more infuriated I generally become.
    Sounds like the battery has gone bad, which is odd as the 6P isn't even 2yrsld.
    10-29-2016 12:02 PM
    I was sitting on my couch using my phone when it was at 24% battery, then all of a sudden it just powered off! I tried turning it back on to see that the battery was dead. This has never happened before and I've had my N4 since last October. I never let my battery get below 15% before charging it. Could I need a new battery? If I hadn't been home when this happened, I would've freaked. Has this happened to anyone else? I attached a pic, you can see what time it dropped.

Posted via my beautiful beast, the Galaxy Note 4.
    01-17-2017 01:22 AM
    Sounds like the battery has gone bad, which is odd as the 6P isn't even 2yrsld.
    It's not odd at all, Li-Ion batteries don't last very long even if not used at all. Two years is about normal to the point where it runs at a greatly reduced capacity.

Yeah, I've seen Li-ion batteries last as long as 4-5 years and they work but a greatly reduced runtime. IME, the optimum lifespan is during the first 8 months or so and then it slowly declines. Even if you stick in the drawer and don't use it at all. Optimally, a Li-Ion should be stored 50% charged or so.

Case in point, I got a NIB GN4, including battery and out of the box it was not good. Lasts 2.5 hours on a charge and then shuts down at 40 - 55%. It's clearly a bad batch of batteries, or maybe all the OEM ones are bad. I am throwing out this crap and installing an aftermarket ZeroLemon at times the capacity.
    02-05-2017 09:50 PM
    I guess i have a strong battery then? i have the phone for almost 3 years now maybe even longer, havent changed the battery yet and use a fast charger and still never had any sudden shut-offs. What i do have is that when my battery power is at 15% and i quickly check snapchat it decreases by 1-2 and then shut-off but that my be because of snapchat because normally that will not happen to it
    06-18-2018 10:31 PM
    If there are two possible reasons, the first battery monitoring chip is damaged, that is, there is no electricity, but it still shows that there is electricity. The second problem is the battery cell, which is due to aging and other reasons it can not save much electricity. General old batteries and parallel batteries are prone to this problem, it is recommended to replace the battery.
    06-19-2018 10:33 PM
35 12