02-05-2017 10:50 PM
33 12
tools
    honestly, I DO think this is an issue with lolipop since I don't think any of us had the problem prior to updating to llp
    11-04-2015 07:12 PM
    I had the same problem for a few months, got a new OEM battery and charger combo on Amazon. Under $30.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2015 12:22 AM
    There are several other threads on this same subject.
    I have been looking through these threads.. its a battery problem, not lollipop. I am still running 4.4.4 kitkat on my galaxy note 4. Never had a problem until yesterday, it dropped from 51% to 15% and declined at a normal rate giving me all the warnings and stuff.
    02-04-2016 01:22 PM
    exactly the same problem here. From 24% to 0%.
    02-17-2016 01:06 AM
    I was sitting on my couch using my phone when it was at 24% battery, then all of a sudden it just powered off! I tried turning it back on to see that the battery was dead. This has never happened before and I've had my N4 since last October. I never let my battery get below 15% before charging it. Could I need a new battery? If I hadn't been home when this happened, I would've freaked. Has this happened to anyone else? I attached a pic, you can see what time it dropped.

Posted via my beautiful beast, the Galaxy Note 4.
    I know this post is more than a yeah old but I have a nexus 6p by hewei and it started doing this a few months ago. Just today shut off at +50% but after about 20 came back on. It's probably going to "die" again.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm sure as hell not paying for their **** up. Their old gaming console has me fed up with Microsoft.

Think I'll just go live a forest somewhere. The more technology advances, the more infuriated I generally become.
    10-28-2016 08:01 PM
    I know this post is more than a yeah old but I have a nexus 6p by hewei and it started doing this a few months ago. Just today shut off at +50% but after about 20 came back on. It's probably going to "die" again.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm sure as hell not paying for their **** up. Their old gaming console has me fed up with Microsoft.

Think I'll just go live a forest somewhere. The more technology advances, the more infuriated I generally become.
    Sounds like the battery has gone bad, which is odd as the 6P isn't even 2yrsld.
    10-29-2016 01:02 PM
    I was sitting on my couch using my phone when it was at 24% battery, then all of a sudden it just powered off! I tried turning it back on to see that the battery was dead. This has never happened before and I've had my N4 since last October. I never let my battery get below 15% before charging it. Could I need a new battery? If I hadn't been home when this happened, I would've freaked. Has this happened to anyone else? I attached a pic, you can see what time it dropped.

Posted via my beautiful beast, the Galaxy Note 4.
    01-17-2017 02:22 AM
    Sounds like the battery has gone bad, which is odd as the 6P isn't even 2yrsld.
    It's not odd at all, Li-Ion batteries don't last very long even if not used at all. Two years is about normal to the point where it runs at a greatly reduced capacity.

Yeah, I've seen Li-ion batteries last as long as 4-5 years and they work but a greatly reduced runtime. IME, the optimum lifespan is during the first 8 months or so and then it slowly declines. Even if you stick in the drawer and don't use it at all. Optimally, a Li-Ion should be stored 50% charged or so.

Case in point, I got a NIB GN4, including battery and out of the box it was not good. Lasts 2.5 hours on a charge and then shuts down at 40 - 55%. It's clearly a bad batch of batteries, or maybe all the OEM ones are bad. I am throwing out this crap and installing an aftermarket ZeroLemon at times the capacity.
    02-05-2017 10:50 PM
33 12