09-08-2016 11:58 AM
53 123
tools
    You can unlock your phone using the samsung website findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com
    My man! That solved my problem! I was prompted to enter alternate password and my fingerprint scanner didn't work, but it was still connected to my Wi-Fi and I was able to successfully log in to my Samsung Account, not my Google Account! And from there on, it was a matter of seconds to find the "Unlock my screen" options and BOOM! I love you! <3 Try this if you're desperate and I was after hours spend on the forums! Good luck!
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-23-2016 04:21 AM
    Damn man. I had the same problem couple of days a go. I used my phone constantly that day...just locked it to write something then boom. My fingerprint scanner not working. The backup password worked on the lock screen. But when on settings nothing. Guess what. I've been on Lollipop when this happens to me ( downgraded to the big Boss kitkat).
    Do you all have Lollipop in this situation? If so I think there s a software problem.
    01-23-2016 09:30 AM
    Thank you so much - Worked
    01-24-2016 10:56 PM
    Today I faced the same problem, my phone was not unlocking and asking for backup password (even though I could feel the haptic vibration feedback indicating finger scan is detected). Anyhow coming to soluton.
    #1: Using samsung find my mobile service, you can log in & unlock your phone via website findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com
    #2: try entering wrong backup password for 5 continous attempts till the phone pops a 30 sec time delay. After the time delay you can see an option "Unlock Via Google". You can enter the Google Id with which your samsung phone is registered with.

Note: for both the options your phone has to be connected to internet.
    Luckily for me my phone was connected to the office wifi so I could instantly unlock from the samsung portal
    01-25-2016 06:42 AM
    Yes man you are right it is a software issue as my scanner is working correctly on other things except the screen lock.
    But what I fail to understand is my auto-updates are off & till yesterday night it was working fine then how come suddenly such software glitch. BTW I am also on lolipop 5.1.1 right now
    01-25-2016 06:48 AM
    Damn man. I had the same problem couple of days a go. I used my phone constantly that day...just locked it to write something then boom. My fingerprint scanner not working. The backup password worked on the lock screen. But when on settings nothing. Guess what. I've been on Lollipop when this happens to me ( downgraded to the big Boss kitkat).
    Do you all have Lollipop in this situation? If so I think there s a software problem.
    Yes man you are right it is a software issue as my scanner is working correctly on other things except the screen lock.
    But what I fail to understand is my auto-updates are off & till yesterday night it was working fine then how come suddenly such software glitch. BTW I am also on lolipop 5.1.1 right now
    01-25-2016 06:49 AM
    How ??? Can i do that
    01-25-2016 07:16 AM
    How to downgraded to kitkat????
    01-25-2016 07:18 AM
    Thank you so much - Worked

How ??? Tell me
    01-25-2016 07:18 AM
    How can I get into my Note 4 if the finger scanner isn't working and back up password is not working also
    i dont have samsung account yet
    02-04-2016 03:19 PM
    My phone is now doing the same thing. I have the Note 4 on Sprint and the scanner doesn't even show up on the screen when i turn the device on it goes directly to the Backup password. I know I am using the correct password but after 5 attempts it then says the device does not recognize your fingerprint, try again in 30 seconds. Then after 30 seconds I try again and it says 10 attempts..... then after 15 attempts it says if your scanner isn't working please try your backup password. UGHHH!!!!!

I have restarted the device, tried the google device manager noted in the post above, pulled the battery and nothing works!

How did u get it unlocked? I'm having the same problem
    02-05-2016 11:46 PM
    thank you! You are the best
    02-18-2016 05:10 PM
    I used find my mobile site.....what a life saver...thought i was going to have to wipe my fone..but I was able to set a lock pin and unlock my phone....phew..thank you so very much
    02-22-2016 05:20 AM
    One of the posts mentioned that I could use the Samsung website to reset your password, but all I got to was a page to locate my device. Can someone please post how to get to the place where the password can be reset on-line?
    Thanks for any help on this!
    03-02-2016 08:15 AM
    Same here...
    03-02-2016 09:16 AM
    After you log into your Samsung account on the 'Locate my device' page on the left hand side of the page you will see an option to 'Unlock my device'.

How can I get into my Note 4 if the finger scanner isn't working and I forgot the back up password?-ss.jpeg
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-02-2016 09:51 AM
    This! My fingerprint scanner just died on my Note 4 and backup password forgotten. I did remember I signed up to a Samsung account once upon a time. Logged in. Clicked the unlock phone button and voila! Brilliant. I'll be making sure all my family Samsung devices have an account on them now.
    huntnyc and WalkingHorse like this.
    03-31-2016 04:00 AM
    By giving it back to its owner

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2016 09:15 AM
    Just go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com, then log in, then select UNLOCK MY DEVICE.
    04-25-2016 03:26 AM
    I have this same problem. My fingerprint option is not popping up and when I put in my password (I know it's the correct password) it tells me it's the wrong one. Took it to AT&T and they told me I have to take it to the main store and have them wipe it and restore it to factory settings. I went to findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com and I don't know where to go from there to reset it or unlock it. Please help. Thank you
    04-25-2016 05:36 PM
    I don't see where it says, "Unlock my device."
    04-25-2016 05:44 PM
    why does it do that?
    05-12-2016 10:03 PM
    Thanks
    06-09-2016 03:51 AM
    You just, saved my life <3

My problem. Yesterday, I was notified of a update to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
    Now, I dislike updating because, Im usually not able to do so at the time.

However, today, this wise guy decided for me, automatically to update. I come back to my phone and its installing, and it installs.

It launches and the next thing I know, it says finger scanner not working. I completely go ape and want to throw my phone through a wall. But I didn't.

Anyways, I just got home, eh, 10 minutes ago, and google up a remedy to fix it. Guess what, I fixed it. Infact, it seems my finger scanner is working now too, hmm... Magical.

Anyways thanks to toenail_flicker for his comment, it helped me a lot. For you who also have been LOCKED out because your scanner isn't letting you scan, you forgot your password, and such, this is how you do it.

Head over too https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and log in with the email that is registered with the phone

Click the button "Lock & Erase"

Click "Lock"

enter a new password, and it should work asap.

If there are any more "bugs" than that, or you cannot even get into your phone cause its not linked, then I suggest 2 things.
    1) Contact your carrier i.e. AT&T, T Mobile, Verizon, etc... and see if they would be able to help/contact the manufacturers for more information.
    2) Call it a quits and find a new phone. or if you can, factory reset.
    06-17-2016 06:49 AM
    How do you get to the option to unlock my phone on the find my device site? I am only seeing lock device as a choice.
    07-04-2016 12:23 PM
53 123