How can I get into my Note 4 if the finger scanner isn't working and I forgot the back up password?

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
After you log into your Samsung account on the 'Locate my device' page on the left hand side of the page you will see an option to 'Unlock my device'.

ss.jpeg

Treviatrix

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
This! My fingerprint scanner just died on my Note 4 and backup password forgotten. I did remember I signed up to a Samsung account once upon a time. Logged in. Clicked the unlock phone button and voila! Brilliant. I'll be making sure all my family Samsung devices have an account on them now.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: i can not get in to my note 4 with the finger scanner and i forgot the back up password

By giving it back to its owner

Posted via the Android Central App

Leets62

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have this same problem. My fingerprint option is not popping up and when I put in my password (I know it's the correct password) it tells me it's the wrong one. Took it to AT&T and they told me I have to take it to the main store and have them wipe it and restore it to factory settings. I went to findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com and I don't know where to go from there to reset it or unlock it. Please help. Thank you

Leets62

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: i can not get in to my note 4 with the finger scanner and i forgot the back up password

I don't see where it says, "Unlock my device."

Brian43212

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
You just, saved my life <3

My problem. Yesterday, I was notified of a update to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Now, I dislike updating because, Im usually not able to do so at the time.

However, today, this wise guy decided for me, automatically to update. I come back to my phone and its installing, and it installs.

It launches and the next thing I know, it says finger scanner not working. I completely go ape and want to throw my phone through a wall. But I didn't.

Anyways, I just got home, eh, 10 minutes ago, and google up a remedy to fix it. Guess what, I fixed it. Infact, it seems my finger scanner is working now too, hmm... Magical.

Anyways thanks to toenail_flicker for his comment, it helped me a lot. For you who also have been LOCKED out because your scanner isn't letting you scan, you forgot your password, and such, this is how you do it.

Head over too https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and log in with the email that is registered with the phone

Click the button "Lock & Erase"

Click "Lock"

enter a new password, and it should work asap.

If there are any more "bugs" than that, or you cannot even get into your phone cause its not linked, then I suggest 2 things.
1) Contact your carrier i.e. AT&T, T Mobile, Verizon, etc... and see if they would be able to help/contact the manufacturers for more information.
2) Call it a quits and find a new phone. or if you can, factory reset.

surfsilv

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
"google" android device manager. For sign in, use your google username and password. There is an option to "reset pin" Put the new pin in. Then try again. It worked fro me.

Hanna Lim

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how it happed, but after I failed unlocking backup password, next to it said log in by google ID. so Iogged In and did something about the locking system, now it works fine again. yay.:':)D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888