09-08-2016 10:58 AM
53 123
tools
    I can not get into my Samsung galaxy note 4 with the finger scanner and I forgot my back up pass word
    iemori likes this.
    08-24-2015 06:30 AM
    You can't. If you could, it would defeat the point of having a password.
    08-24-2015 10:23 AM
    Fairly sure the only way to fix might be with a "factory reset". Not positive. I'll check around and come back with a better answer.
    08-24-2015 10:25 AM
    I can not get into my Samsung galaxy note 4 with the finger scanner and I forgot my back up pass word
    Found this, on this forum. Hope it helps.
    You can try resetting your secure password via Google Device Manager by logging into your Google account.
    https://support.google.com/accounts/.../3265955?hl=en

Unfortunately, a secure lockscreen means just that: Secure. If you somehow lost fingerprint ID functionality and cannot remember the backup password (which was, after all, a back up should you lose fingerprint ID functionality in the first place), there's no other way to get your device to unlock legally.
    08-24-2015 10:30 AM
    Hmmm suspicious....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    08-24-2015 11:38 AM
    My phone is now doing the same thing. I have the Note 4 on Sprint and the scanner doesn't even show up on the screen when i turn the device on it goes directly to the Backup password. I know I am using the correct password but after 5 attempts it then says the device does not recognize your fingerprint, try again in 30 seconds. Then after 30 seconds I try again and it says 10 attempts..... then after 15 attempts it says if your scanner isn't working please try your backup password. UGHHH!!!!!

I have restarted the device, tried the google device manager noted in the post above, pulled the battery and nothing works!
    08-24-2015 02:23 PM
    Go into recovery and factory reset?
    08-24-2015 03:08 PM
    all -this happened to me after the 5.1.1 update. My phone FREAKED out and wouldn't allow the fingerprint scan. 40 minutes later I finally hit upon my backup password (I wasn't home - where I had it written down) and unlocked the phone.

First question to you all - does the screen show the "all seeing eye of Sauron?"

Because it appears that with the update, certain settings got turned on in my phone that were NOT previously on - Smart Stay.

if you see the Eye of Sauron, likely smart stay is turned on. Go to your settings, Display and Wallpaper, and see if the check box is checked. Mine was checked on after the update (and I did NOT have it on prior).

Unchecking that has CURED my lock screen issues completely. Fingerprint scanner is working perfectly again.
    toenail_flicker and huntnyc like this.
    08-24-2015 04:08 PM
    The easiest way, without losing data, is to bring the phone, along with a photo ID proving that it's yours, to your carrier, and ask them to please unlock it. As long as it's yours, it's a simple procedure and they should have no problem with it. (We won't do it here because we can't verify that the phone is yours.)
    bgbagz likes this.
    08-24-2015 05:08 PM
    The easiest way, without losing data, is to bring the phone, along with a photo ID proving that it's yours, to your carrier, and ask them to please unlock it. As long as it's yours, it's a simple procedure and they should have no problem with it. (We won't do it here because we can't verify that the phone is yours.)
    Well that solves every thing...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    08-25-2015 09:19 AM
    Sprint REFUSES to do this. I have been with them for over 13 years and they refuse, telling me there is no other way than a factory reset. I am VERY dissapointed in Sprint.
    10-19-2015 02:28 PM
    If I go to Samsung with the phone, the receipt, the box and everything, doesn't that prove I am the owner?
    10-19-2015 02:33 PM
    I am having the exact same issue - I don't know what to do - I have about 1300 pictures on my phone I really don't want to lose
    10-29-2015 03:20 PM
    I am having this same problem tonight. I was using my phone one minute, then the next it was locked. I know what my password is, but no matter how many times I enter it, the phone says it's wrong. I called Sprint, they are no help at all. They say they can only factory reset. That's ridiculous. There has to be some less drastic solution. He said the only other thing to do is to take it to a Sprint store. Which I will do tomorrow. If they won't fix it without wiping everything off my phone, then it's goodbye to Sprint. I already really don't like them and this is the last straw.
    By the way, after trying to enter my password, which is the ONLY option the phone is giving me, so many times, it keeps popping up with the message "your finger print scan has failed 15 times, please wait 30 seconds and try again." So stupid. I can't even scan my fingerprint. Believe me, I've tried. I think this reeks of a virus. Although I don't know how it could have gotten on the phone. I did receive a phone call from an unknown number located in "The United States" (which is weird in itself) just a minute before my phone stopped working. This phone is turning out to be garbage. My brother's been trying to talk me in to an IPhone for years. I think I may have to give it a try.
    11-04-2015 09:35 PM
    all -this happened to me after the 5.1.1 update. My phone FREAKED out and wouldn't allow the fingerprint scan. 40 minutes later I finally hit upon my backup password (I wasn't home - where I had it written down) and unlocked the phone.

First question to you all - does the screen show the "all seeing eye of Sauron?"

Because it appears that with the update, certain settings got turned on in my phone that were NOT previously on - Smart Stay.

if you see the Eye of Sauron, likely smart stay is turned on. Go to your settings, Display and Wallpaper, and see if the check box is checked. Mine was checked on after the update (and I did NOT have it on prior).

Unchecking that has CURED my lock screen issues completely. Fingerprint scanner is working perfectly again.
    Nas2007 likes this.
    11-22-2015 06:19 AM
    How could you get to the settings if the fingerprint isn't working then you can't access your phone !?
    11-22-2015 06:21 AM
    Arrest that man!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-22-2015 06:36 AM
    You can unlock your phone using the samsung website findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com
    11-22-2015 09:23 AM
    Hi if you log on to samsung website from there you should be able to unlock your screen on the Finde my phone section, same thing happens to me on my note 4 the fingerprint stoped working, and I forgot my backup password as I never used it sins setting it up,
    zahed khan likes this.
    11-23-2015 07:35 PM
    had the same problem the only way is to factory reset sorry for the bad news, doing it thro the android device manager just gives you a message that the phone is already locked
    12-07-2015 10:30 AM
    You are the MAN !!!!!! I was able to reset from the web site you provided...and it worked with new pin...My phone is still messing up but I can get in through the web site untill Monday when I go to the AT&T store and get this resolved Thank YOU Thank YOu Thank YOU
    12-12-2015 06:00 PM
    How did you do that???
    12-30-2015 10:46 AM
    Trying to crack the boyfriend mobile? ))
    12-30-2015 11:54 AM
    Going here absolutely worked!! I did not have to do a factory reset like others are saying. I used the unlock screen feature. Worked like a charm. I then IMMEDIATELY removed the fingerprint security. Thanks EDYMZE!
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-05-2016 09:54 AM
    You're da man!!! Very useful! Thanks man!!
    01-10-2016 07:03 PM
53 123