Someone i know is selling their verizon note 4 for a great price and i was wondering if this phone is still great? Hows the battery life after the latest update and is their root and roms available?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2015 04:41 PM
    Someone i know is selling their verizon note 4 for a great price and i was wondering if this phone is still great? Hows the battery life after the latest update and is their root and roms available?

Such a great phone (no Lollipop update here)! Folks with LP update have reported all kinds of issues.

You need to makes sure of the software version and carrier and check what issues have been reported. I say carrier, because you can't root some and you can root others. With certain Sprint software versions you can update and downgrade back to where you were IF you have the right software version. I would also make sure to do a thorough test drive.
    08-24-2015 05:08 PM
    Love the phone, I am Not doing the note 5. Note 5, no removable battery, no sd card slot. It's a no brainer. Go for the Note 4.

08-25-2015 01:19 PM
    Yes, the Note 4 is still a great phone.

from my old nexus 5
    Frozen Corpse likes this.
    08-25-2015 01:27 PM
    The Note 4 is a great phone! I'm running 5.0.1 on T-Mobile and haven’t experienced any problems. There's nothing wrong with my battery life and my phone runs as smooth as it always has. You have the option to root, if you choose. I'm running stock, with the Nova Prime Launcher. I wouldn't hesitate to buy your friend's phone, if I were you.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-25-2015 02:31 PM
    I'd say go for it. On kitkat custom rom and it's great. Some folks have issues with LP so looks like it's hit or miss.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-25-2015 03:46 PM
    Just bought mine off of Swappa a week ago and love it.
    08-25-2015 03:57 PM
    Still an excellent phone imo.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    08-25-2015 05:37 PM
    Ive read there is no option to root on ATT or Verizon. But that is not a bad thing. I rooted my LG G3 and it caused nothing but problems.
    08-26-2015 06:46 AM

It is still a good phone and Lollipop isn't bad for everyone. Some carriers had issues.

Now as far as ROMs you need a T-Mobile brand if it is on lollipop, AT&T and Verizon has locked bootloaders with Lollipop.
    08-26-2015 07:39 AM