09-11-2015 03:34 PM
    Samsung should fix this
    09-23-2015 09:06 PM
    Is there any way we can contact them?
    09-23-2015 09:16 PM
    Maybe a support line?
    09-23-2015 09:17 PM
    I had to disable it
    Is there a special way to disable the fingerprint scanner, besides just not using it in security options?
    09-25-2015 11:33 PM
    Hi everyone..
    I am from Malaysia...my one N910C also had this issue after updating 5.1.1.
    Obviously this is worldwide issue..
    BUGS never free your life lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-26-2015 04:37 AM
    Is there a special way to disable the fingerprint scanner, besides just not using it in security options?
    Just change your unlock method to Pin, Swipe or none....that's all.
    dyingjedi likes this.
    09-26-2015 07:51 AM
    Just change your unlock method to Pin, Swipe or none....that's all.
    I set none...wallaaaa its still frezzing.
    10-12-2015 05:36 PM
    I set none...wallaaaa its still frezzing.
    Did you at least wipe cache after the update? That was a bug update and myself, I would do a full reset after an update that big.
    10-12-2015 05:39 PM
    I'm having this same issue. With a Note 5 on AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2015 01:51 AM
    Some thing happens to me. I have factory reset and cleared cache 3 times with no fix. This is a problem. Telling us to simply use another form of logging in (pin or password) is not a solution. I bought this phone with the features it came with so that I can use the features. I want to use the fingerprint scanner. Fix it.
    solaris2k and dyingjedi like this.
    10-23-2015 12:31 PM
    Some thing happens to me. I have factory reset and cleared cache 3 times with no fix. This is a problem. Telling us to simply use another form of logging in (pin or password) is not a solution. I bought this phone with the features it came with so that I can use the features. I want to use the fingerprint scanner. Fix it.
    There is nothing we can do here but tell you work arounds and things to try. We don't and can't fix anything here.
    10-24-2015 08:11 AM
    I am currently having issues with my note 4 and it's come back from a Samsung repair centre and still have issues I'm now waiting to hear back from Samsung mobile UK to see what's happening
    10-24-2015 12:05 PM
    Anyone tried full factory reset?
    My wife and I both have Note 4s. This problem happens on both of our phones but much more on hers. She tried a full reset but it did nothing to fix the issue.

We were unaware of it possibly being linked to the fingerprint scanner but will try disabling it to see what happens.
    dyingjedi likes this.
    10-25-2015 10:02 AM
    Same thing here.

Right after upgrading to 5.1 this crashing started. Randomly crashes then shows my homescreen wallpaper then goes back to lock screen asks to swipe finger/enter alternative password!

Seem to be problems after problems with all recent Samsung softwares!
    xorq and dyingjedi like this.
    10-25-2015 06:19 PM
    my phone is doing the same thing... fast charging also stopped working takes 6-8 hours to charge the phone now like its going through a USB port on my computer.
    Fast charge also stopped but I noticed it was working with another charger !!! Also that charger wont charge fast another updated note4
    dyingjedi likes this.
    11-18-2015 10:18 PM
    Note 4 with T-Mobile and having the same issue. It is definitely a Note 4 with Lollipop issue and not a specific carrier issue, nor is it just due to defective hard ware on the device. I've used 2 Note 4s on Sprint (my original and a replacement when the freezing started) as well as my current one on T-Mobile.

I have factory reset, ran in safe mode, removed my SD card, had the software reflashed, turned off Finger Print Security, and cleared the cache. Clearing the cache is the only sure fire way I have gotten mine to stop, but you have to do it every few weeks or it just starts freezing again. Simple restarts of the device will not do it. It's definitely something that an update is going to be needed to fix. Hopefully the Note 4 gets Marshmallow.
    dyingjedi likes this.
    12-09-2015 08:02 AM
    Switch to Pattern lock security and clear the Cache once , and this issue will be behind you.
    dyingjedi likes this.
    12-09-2015 08:51 AM
    Turning off the Finger Print Scanner has done wonders for mine. Samsung made the Finger Print Lock Screen extremely buggy in 5.1.1 it seems.
    dyingjedi likes this.
    12-10-2015 01:23 PM
    I've been having the same issue since upgrading to 5.1.1 and it's really pissing me off. Mine is a Sprint note 4, but it's not exclusive to Sprint, as I know a couple others with different carriers having the same problem. Also, disabling the fingerprint reader and doing a complete factory reset (a VERY painful process) did not help. It's also not consistent. Sometimes it happens a few times per day, but other times it's only a few times per week, but it's always infuriating! My note 4 was great before this update, now this issue is a constant reminder that Samsung's version of Android is definitely the worst. Decent software is everything. Samsung needs to fix this bug now. If they don't I have no choice but to install a custom rom. I won't tolerate this for much longer.
    dyingjedi likes this.
    01-15-2016 01:33 AM
    It has been fixed on Sprint :P
    dyingjedi likes this.
    01-31-2016 01:44 AM
    Since when? I have the latest 5.1.1 update on my note4 .and it's still happening.

EDIT:
    My note4 has been running 6.0 for about a month now and the random lock screen issue is gone. However, now I have a couple new issues. I'm seeing random reboots a couple times a week, which I never had before. I'm also having issues with battery life. I'll have 60% charge and a couple hrs later, with little to no use, it dies without warning. Never had battery issued on 5.1

I'm beginning to think the core OS is fine, but all the phone OEMs ruin it by loading it up with their unstable bloatware. I love the Note4 but, from now on, I'm only buying Nexus phones, which typically only come with the core software and tend to be far more stable than competitors.
    Cmikos and dyingjedi like this.
    01-31-2016 07:37 PM
    I've had the same problem for a few months, since the update. It got to the stage where the mother board got fried and the and needed replacement. After replacement, I'm still having the same problem.

I found this thread and switched the finger print scanner off. Based on what I've read here and my experiences, my theory now, is that there is some kind of a software issue, which causes the fp scanner to randomly (or maybe regularly) listening out for the fp prompt .... Maybe it's killing the CPU. Has anyone had to replace their motherboard?
    dyingjedi likes this.
    05-16-2016 05:45 PM
    I had to disable it
    My husbands phone does it all the time also but does not use the finger print scanner or any other locking thing all he does is swip his screen, on mon i use the finger print scanner, it happens with both of ours,
    dyingjedi likes this.
    06-12-2016 08:45 AM
    Thank you for everyone's input into this EVIL BUG! Disabling the FingerPrint Scanner seems to be working for me. I switched to pattern and it's immediately more stable once again, Verizon Samsung Note4 SM-N910V and i never have used smart stay i didn't clear cache at all seeing as i use it with LastPass password manager too granted i could downgrade the security to pin but that wouldn't work for the security i need.
    09-05-2016 11:35 AM
50 12