Note 4 randomly freezes then goes to lock screen

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
This is not Sprint issue as I have it on international unlocked version.

Started to happen right after OTA to 5.1.1. Clearing cache didn't help, Smart Stay is not on and I need fingerprint scanner as I unlock phone often and using password will make me kill someone. Company policy requires security.

Anyone tried full factory reset?

Gibman08

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone..
I am from Malaysia...my one N910C also had this issue after updating 5.1.1.
Obviously this is worldwide issue..
BUGS never free your life lol

Posted via the Android Central App

reneg4d3

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Some thing happens to me. I have factory reset and cleared cache 3 times with no fix. This is a problem. Telling us to simply use another form of logging in (pin or password) is not a solution. I bought this phone with the features it came with so that I can use the features. I want to use the fingerprint scanner. Fix it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Some thing happens to me. I have factory reset and cleared cache 3 times with no fix. This is a problem. Telling us to simply use another form of logging in (pin or password) is not a solution. I bought this phone with the features it came with so that I can use the features. I want to use the fingerprint scanner. Fix it.

There is nothing we can do here but tell you work arounds and things to try. We don't and can't fix anything here.

k13r4n_thomson

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am currently having issues with my note 4 and it's come back from a Samsung repair centre and still have issues I'm now waiting to hear back from Samsung mobile UK to see what's happening

bobavader

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried full factory reset?
My wife and I both have Note 4s. This problem happens on both of our phones but much more on hers. She tried a full reset but it did nothing to fix the issue.

We were unaware of it possibly being linked to the fingerprint scanner but will try disabling it to see what happens.

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Same thing here.

Right after upgrading to 5.1 this crashing started. Randomly crashes then shows my homescreen wallpaper then goes back to lock screen asks to swipe finger/enter alternative password!

Seem to be problems after problems with all recent Samsung softwares!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci