Have a Note 4, been using fingerprint to open for a loong time without problems.
    Now I have scratched my fingers. Got some really important messages... tried 20 times, without success - the backup password... that is to loong ago, never used it.

Tried to go to Google Device manager to set a new screenlock passwortd, so I could open again - but Google Device manager was so smart, that it detected that the lock was already activated and therefore no need to lock the device with a new password... arghhhh...

My phone is the central for everything, I Use Google 2 step authentication for a lot of services, besides Goole. I Would HATE to wipe this device now, full workday tomorrow, meeting, messages...

ANYONE now hos to force a new screenlock from devicemanager, some obscure backway? Have access to all my google accounts, luckily my machine was not timeout before I was unable to turn this of.
    08-31-2015 11:47 AM
    I would try using one of your other fingers. When registering Fingerprints it usually asks for more than one.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-31-2015 11:54 AM
    Well, after 20 attempts - it block's to ability to try anymore with your fingers. The only option given is the Backup password choosen, when the finger option was activated. If I could reactivate the fingeroption, I would give that a try (though the seccond finger never worked relly good for me).
    08-31-2015 12:07 PM
    Well, after 20 attempts - it block's to ability to try anymore with your fingers. The only option given is the Backup password choosen, when the finger option was activated. If I could reactivate the fingeroption, I would give that a try (though the seccond finger never worked relly good for me).
    I set mine up to read my index finger and my thumb at several angles. Have you asked your carrier? Kerp thinking about the password, most of us use something easy to remember.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-01-2015 11:39 AM
    Have you tried Samsung Find my mobile? Read THIS
    09-01-2015 07:46 PM