S View Cover and answering phone calls

mhobizal

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Note 4 and the S View Cover with the QI Wireless Charging back. I love it! However, is there a way to answer phone calls so it does not seem to engage the speakerphone?

Even if I open the cover and answer the call, the speaker is loud and it seems to me to be on speakerphone. Seems a little odd. I also asked a colleague at the office and they are experiencing the same issues.

I've even turned the sound down and it seems to me the sound is coming out from the back of the phone during the call.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Odd . . I don't have the wireless charging version but with my S-View cover I don't have to open the cover to answer a call, I simply swipe to the right on the screen with the cover closed and then raise the phone to my ear. In fact, even when I open my cover while the phone is ringing the call won't pick up until I swipe. When I do the call is still on headset mode NOT speakerphone mode.

Wonder if it's a carrier ROM thing. Admittedly I'm on a custom ROM based on TMobile.

mhobizal

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I had an interesting experience. After putting the original cover back on and did a test, the phone operated normally. Then I put on the S View case back on and ran the test. I answered the phone by opening the cover and everything worked properly. Then tested with the cover on, and the speaker phone was on and the icon was highlighted.

I'm guessing the S view QI case may not have been seated properly causing an issue with the speaker phone. Thanks for everyone's help!

mhobizal

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Parasol, I highly encourage the S view cover with the QI wireless charging. I have my base on my office desk and the cover looks professional and keeps your phone charged.

You can also answer calls without opening the cover. It is a great cover!

mhobizal

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Here is the solution to this problem. The case has to be COMPLETELY open with the front lid touching the back of the case in order to NOT be in speaker mode. During a call, if you just slightly move the back lid from touching the back of the phone, it will automatically go to speaker phone mode. The icon on the calling screen never reflects the change.