My Note 4 got infected either during updates or from WiFi.

Many symptoms and the big challenge is that some text messages are evidence for a civil suit where I can half a years salary in comp. So no resets and no roots.

The symptoms

1) return a call adds 011 in front of the call

2) People often complain they cannot hear me (really common). Handset or speakerphone modes

3) Dialpad does not work sometimes during a call, voicemail password and press 1 for English... can be a pain

4) Suddenly acts like no cellular, even when there is plenty and crashes my calls/internet

5) Battery randomly drains over 8 or less hours from full (not every night, 1 in 5?)

6) Boat Browser suddenly flips out on known webpages I have always frequented "Digital Signature does not match" spammed at me then crashes.

7) Crashes once or twice. Day with soft version crashes.

-

Symptoms forced me to my old Droid, please note I am a windows tech so I uninstalled most unneeded applications and games, turned off stuff to trouble shoot, and did some minor stuff in settings to try to correct.

I downloaded one AV and it has found nothing at all. I worry about trying all AV as I know in times past some AV were as bad as Malware.

Anyhow there it is
    09-03-2015 05:42 AM
    Personally I'd be using SMS Backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....smssync&hl=en) and then doing a factory reset. SMS Backup uses your Gmail account to store your text messages, allowing you to view them online and to restore them in the event of a device crash or failure.

One limitation of SMS Backup, while it will backup messages with images/audio/video it cannot restore them.

Failing that, use Kaspersky (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.kms.free) to scan your phone, though installing after infection is not ideal.
    09-03-2015 09:28 AM
    What happens when you turn off the device and start in download mode or recovery mode?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 11:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd first try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686

If that doesn't help, boot into Safe Mode--if the problem goes away, then you know that something you installed is causing the problems. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the behavior goes away. Galaxy Note 4 Safe Mode: What you need to know | Android Central
    nahoku likes this.
    09-03-2015 02:37 PM