Wierd stuff happening with Google photos and gallery

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my sister in law and I have been having some strange stuff happening with our photos on our Note 4 phones.

Photos in Google photos (picasa) are doubling and sometimes tripling (this does not include when Google enhances a photo). Not sure why this is happening. Does anyone have any ideas. It is rather annoying.

As for the gallery, this is a real mess. If I chose to display content from picasa, not all photos show up and sometimes there is a photo but when you tap the photo it comes up black. If I chose to not display picasa, I see just the photos taken on the phone from the last factory reset.

Any suggestions

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to have google drive set up on any computers and have it set to sync or backup all folders? I think I had this issue too and quickly caught it but I can't quite remember what exactly was going on. If memory serves the drive app on my laptop was finding the photos in one folder and making a backup in another. On my devices that resulted in multiple copies of photos showing up in the photos app since that merely aggregated everything in my google drive.

Take a look at google drive and see if you see multiple folders with the same photos.

savuth

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
To my experience, you should go to setting in Google photo and reset it, then it will be OK. I think you have confuse to set in setting menu. Let do it and see, what will happen. hope it will be OK. hope it will resume as usual.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the reason I'll wait for version 4.0 or later😀

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Lol to each his own. The app and service are great though. If one isn't concerned with mobile data limits they can photograph things and share them quickly via links. Much more effective IMO than MMS since I can shoot a dozen photos and some videos even and share them with others as a collection quickly. Useful in my profession as an engineer in the field.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

MsMichele

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No ideas....I've had my Note 4 for a month and have not run into this issue at all and I have my settings so that I back up my photos nightly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000