Why does my phone power cycle only when not connected to a charger?

A

AC Question

Phone power cycles only when not connected to charger

I have a Samsung note 4 that I've been having problems with. It started out where it'd reboot itself then it started to power cycle unless it's plugged into the charger. I called Verizon and the tech talked me through the cache clearing. It didn't help so they sent me out a replacement. That too did the same thing. I assumed it was the battery but was told that it is a software problem. So I go to Verizon and they order me yet another replacement. I'm wondering if the sim card could be bad or what else it could be. It seems weird the replacement would do the same exact thing. The Verizon staff had no explanation for me. Help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone power cycles only when not connected to charger

Welcome to the forums. If the battery is the same as your original phone try this: pull it out and place it on a smooth flat surface. Try to spin it. If it does, it's bulged in the center and needs to be replaced.

If the bulge is there, that is what is creating your boot loop. What is happening is the bulge is creating a pivot point (like a seesaw) and is causing intermittent connection to the battery. The cable connection is wired differently, and bypasses this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22