Why won't my Galaxy Note 4 turn on?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 4 Will Not Turn On

Good evening,
Ever since installing a major update two weeks ago (Sunday the 23rd), I have had many issues with my Note 4. After installing this update, my phone would severely lag during basic tasks (texting, opening photos, going on the internet) and sometimes to the point where I would have to hard reboot my phone. My phone would also reboot itself randomly, or just turn off (I am assuming) completely. To turn my phone back on I would have to take the battery out for approximately 15 seconds and then turn it back on.

To resolve these issues I had uninstalled the applications that I thought may have been the issue, followed by clearing both the application and phone cache. Neither resolved the issues. I performed a factory reset of the phone and did not download any applications for the next day. Still no resolve.

After installing many application updates, the majority of the lagging and crashing stopped, with the exception of my phone shutting down at random times throughout the day. Yesterday morning I woke up to my phone shut down. I tried removing the battery and reinserting it. I tried removing the battery, holding the power button for a minute (to drain any residual power), reinserting the battery and starting the phone. I tried holding the power button, reinserting the battery, then attempting to boot into recovery/safe mode. None of these methods worked.

I have an outlet charger that plugs directly into any type of battery, as well as reads the charge. The battery has never been empty when attempting any of the previous methods. I attempted to fully charge the battery and reinsert, no avail. However, I did leave the battery in my phone for several hours and it did drain. Is it possible that my battery is defective and causing these issues?

This is really my last ditch effort until later this week when I can take it to AT&T and have it replaced. I'd rather fix my own problems than deal with customer service or a representative who is not a subject matter expert. I did not buy insurance with this phone (too broke at the time of purchase) and am afraid I will have to completely buy a new phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Will Not Turn On

Welcome to Android Central! If the update that AT&T pushed caused the phone to crash, it should be their responsibility to make it right. Ask them to try re-flashing the firmware. If that doesn't help, ask for a replacement phone. Alternatively, you could bring the phone to your local Best Buy, and ask the Samsung rep there to re-flash the firmware (or see if they have any other ideas).

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Will Not Turn On

This happened in my Asus tablet. Try holding the power button for seems like a lifetime, maybe 30-40 seconds. It worked for me, but I had a sore finger. Seemed to go on for ever holding. Or maybe plug it into the mains power/ charge and see if it kicks in.
Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781