My Galaxy Note 4 started rebooting itself repeatedly one day. I was using it and suddenly it just rebooted itself, and then repeated that again and again. I took out the battery and replaced it, and then the phone was fine for a while. I didn't think anything of it until the same problem happened multiple times in a 48 hour period. The problem became more and more frequent.

I was on my way to take the phone back to the Verizon store where I got it for advice when it died completely and wouldn't reboot. The battery was fully charged, since I keep it above 90% all of the time using my home or car charger. The phone seemed dead, and taking out and replacing the battery didn't help.

The tech at the Verizon store failed to get it to start up also. Verizon ordered me a new phone. I never had a cell phone fail completely after just 4 months - so this is a first. Certainly lowers my opinion of Samsung - Are they having their phones produced in China these days? I have had mostly Chinese products fail in this manner.

I am waiting for my new phone now, and my Note 4 has become just a paperweight sitting on my desk. Waiting for my phone I've tried restarting it multiple times with no luck. My new phone sent overnight arrives after 3 days because of the weekend.
    09-07-2015 04:24 AM
    Certainly lowers my opinion of Samsung - Are they having their phones produced in China these days? I have had mostly Chinese products fail in this manner.
    This is quite a rash generalization. Samsung has a lot of products on the market... TV's, Monitors, Phones, etc. Products that fail are bound to happen given how much they sell. Personally, I will not buy a TV or Monitor other than Samsung! They are the best in my opinion. And, the reason I own a Note 4 is not because Samsung makes it, but rather because no one else makes anything comparable in Android... meaning, no one else has an S Pen.

Beyond that, just because something is made in China, doesn't mean it's junk... especially when the factory has to live up to brand names like iPhone, Samsung, ASUS, you name it, tons of electronics are made in China. It's not like the major brands are going to trust just any factory with their good name.

Sorry for your problems, but it happens. It can happen to any manufacture's device. A real pisser, I know, but take it with a grain of salt, and when you get your new phone, be happy again!
    09-07-2015 06:42 AM
    You shouldn't keep topping up all the time. It's good to let it run down to under 20% at least once a week. The battery needs to empty now and then.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 08:04 AM
    You shouldn't keep topping up all the time. It's good to let it run down to under 20% at least once a week. The battery needs to empty now and then.

Also when you run it low and then charge to 100%, doesn't it also help to keep the battery calibrated?

09-30-2015 10:29 PM
    Uh . . these aren't NiCad or NiMh batteries . . .

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

"Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine. There is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life. The exception may be a periodic calibration of the fuel gauge on a smart battery or intelligent device."

Good rule of thumb, keep the battery between 50% and 100% and don't just leave it on the charger at 100% all the time.
    10-01-2015 01:59 AM