Verizon Note 4 DATA not working in Germany! What should I do?

A

AC Question

Verizon Note 4 DATA not working in Germany!

I've read similar situations to mine already but my case cannot be solved with the solutions that I've seen, hope somebody can help me!

So I just moved to Germany a week ago, I am planning to stay for 2 years perhaps more so I really need to get this done, as soon as I arrived and took my phone out it automatically popped a message saying I am on roaming and it changed its theme by itself and keeps popping this message saying 'Roaming - Voice and data roaming'. Tried deactivating the roaming on settings 'Global Data Roaming Access > Allow access for all trips' but the message just keeps popping every time. I bought a SIM card the first day I arrived from a little shop, Lycamobile, whose provider is Vodafone. I can call and send messages but DATA not working. I am supposed to have 1G of DATA with this SIM card I bought. I contacted Vodafone and they told me to change the APN which I already tried doing but it just doesn't work. When I try saving it it just doesn't save and goes back to the option of adding a new APN. I don't know if its my phone's problem or what is happening but I would appreciate some help from somebody who has had the same experience or an Android pro...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 DATA not working in Germany!

I'd suggest contacting Verizon to see how you go about doing this. The device is probably locked and not allowing use of another branded SIM card. Once they unlock it follow Vodafone's instructions to use the device on their network.

patxor

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 DATA not working in Germany!

The verizon note 4 is sim unlocked. I just returned from Germany, and used a tmobile international data plan and it worked amazingly. You just need to enter the apn settings for whatever provider your sim card is tied to. Soon as you enter that information, your data will work as per usual.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv