Speaker noise

aygo1989

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Evening guys,

I set up my brand new note 4 earlier, all was well until I noticed a noise coming from the rear speaker that whistles for 5 seconds then cuts out after any sort of input whenever I press the (backup key or anything on the keypad) Is this normal?

Thanks

aygo1989

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
The worst thing is I know it's there even when I forget about it. Whenever I put my ear to the phones speaker after an operation it's there

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Sounds faulty, I'd return it. Even if it's minor, or fixable with a reset, there could be something else wrong or about to go wrong.

aygo1989

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I read on another forum that this is normal? After any sort of touch (return button mostly) or loud sound, If I place the speaker to my ear straight after I get a 3-5 second buzz and then cuts. Can you guys please check this with your device please, this would be my 3rd Note 4 to go back :(

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow you're right. If I press return and quickly hold speaker to my ear there's a slight whirring noise for a couple of seconds. It is very quiet though, I'd never have noticed it without the phone speaker to my ear. You must live somewhere very quiet!

Why did you have the speaker to your ear anyway? You'd be deafened by any real sound from it.

aygo1989

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Can you actually hear it buzz and then cut after 3-5 seconds or are you winding me up?:'( If so I'll keep this one for the time being, it does have insurance and it's most definitely the best looking one I've received concerning the gaps.

Thanks Rarry!

aygo1989

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Thinking it's normal now, going to try pop into a phone store over the next few days. I've found it happens constantly when watching a video on youtube with the volume all the way down.

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, mines the same, a faint buzz when playing YouTube with volume at zero. But it's very quiet, need the phone speaker pressed to my ear to hear it which is something I'd never do normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox